Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of the day, Bugging in / out
7 June 2013, 12:17, (This post was last modified: 7 June 2013, 12:18 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Question of the day, Bugging in / out
(7 June 2013, 11:39)uks Wrote: Pre-planned that already NR. unclassified roads then across 2 fields to the back of the school pick him up as will be planned with him when the time comes.

My kinda prepper Smile

(7 June 2013, 12:10)Franc Wrote: Work at asda, 5 mins walk from my home, buging in all the way. If need be, bug out to my works, well built, decent security, tons of tinned food, if its left.

Save some tins of chicken in white sauce for me Franc. Smile

7 June 2013, 12:18,
20 min walk from home, OH 45 min walk from work.

My inention is to bug out should the need arise, security will be an issue in my area i think.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
7 June 2013, 12:21,
OH's 45 minutes walk does the OH have decent comfy walking shoes at work??

7 June 2013, 12:23,
NR,

Like I say I'm working on it. See no viable solution outside an early escape so my plan so far is not to go there when there are any issues. Next is to leave early if things start but if this just explode I have to hope it's Friday or the weekend.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 June 2013, 12:40, (This post was last modified: 7 June 2013, 12:42 by Binnie.)
(7 June 2013, 12:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: OH's 45 minutes walk does the OH have decent comfy walking shoes at work??

She's on her feet most of the day, so wear flat soled boots.

TBH i don't think she's a survivor though, i'd do anything to help her, but i'm not putting myself in danger without a good reason.

If we had a family or whatever i might have to reconsider that train of thought
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
7 June 2013, 12:47,
(7 June 2013, 12:40)Binnie Wrote: TBH i don't think she's a survivor though, i'd do anything to help her, but i'm not putting myself in danger without a good reason.

now there, is an honest answer!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 June 2013, 15:35,
Just the wife and me, and yes, we can get home or to a safe preplanned location if necessary by several different routes. Get-home gear is always in the car,
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
7 June 2013, 19:57,
Personally, I'm seldom more than 10 mins away from home. If the chair broke down, it might be a different story but I'd disengage the motors and push the bloody thing home, using it as a walking frame!

Wife and granddaughters are a different story. The girl's schools are close but my wife isn't on side and is proving a hard nut to crack.

Definitely bugging in - no other choice!

7 June 2013, 20:13,
bugging in,but have a plan if that goes tits up ,will come and stay with you NR and s13 in a tent some wereSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 June 2013, 22:20,
Not normaly far from home at a push a 3hour walk, was in sunderland today so not sure how long that would take, be more than 3hours walk. If I knew I had to get home asap id steal a bike/car. Im hoping to be near home if anything happens. Oh works at a garage so I can be an oilbaron charging sheeple over the odds fir there fuel Big Grin
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson