Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Non Food consumables do you stockpile?
7 June 2013, 16:00,
RE: What Non Food consumables do you stockpile?
don't see any boot polish or dub or laces have 20 tins of each and 10 pairs of laces life can be hard on them boots need to keep them good for you feet
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 June 2013, 23:06,
Its a comprehensive list, we have somewhere around 3/4 of those items, some we dont see the need for.

The biggest admission is first aid items, we have [ so far] two large boxes of first aid items, we always buy something at the same time we buy food and hygiene stuff,... we also have a box of vitamins
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 June 2013, 08:41,
(7 June 2013, 16:00)Barneyboy Wrote: don't see any boot polish or dub or laces have 20 tins of each and 10 pairs of laces life can be hard on them boots need to keep them good for you feet

Yup good point i can make polish / dubbin from parafin wax, bees wax etc but good point.
As for laces I always remove and keep the laces from any old footwear I'm disposing off.

8 June 2013, 10:00,
(8 June 2013, 08:41)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(7 June 2013, 16:00)Barneyboy Wrote: don't see any boot polish or dub or laces have 20 tins of each and 10 pairs of laces life can be hard on them boots need to keep them good for you feet

Yup good point i can make polish / dubbin from parafin wax, bees wax etc but good point.
As for laces I always remove and keep the laces from any old footwear I'm disposing off.

can I have the recipe for the dubbin please
8 June 2013, 10:22,
Dont have an exact one TBH I tend you just get a bit of beeswax ( originally the beeswax was a doofah of old archery string preservative i has laying around ) mixed it with a bit of Vaeline ( parafin wax) drops of candle wax , thinned out with whatever i could find from turps to silicone oil. I can only apologise cos i never made a recipe just sloshed together stuff that worked at the time.

8 June 2013, 10:26,
(8 June 2013, 10:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: Dont have an exact one TBH I tend you just get a bit of beeswax ( originally the beeswax was a doofah of old archery string preservative i has laying around ) mixed it with a bit of Vaeline ( parafin wax) drops of candle wax , thinned out with whatever i could find from turps to silicone oil. I can only apologise cos i never made a recipe just sloshed together stuff that worked at the time.

that's fine pal will give it a go ,make the best one for me "that suits me "cheers pal
8 June 2013, 10:41, (This post was last modified: 8 June 2013, 10:42 by NorthernRaider.)
Theres load of recipes for DIY show polish and DIY leather preserver onGoogle and you can find a list of useful ingrediants on Wikipedia if you search for SHOE POLISH.

IIRc a simple shoe polish can be a drop of Lemon in Veg oil ??

8 June 2013, 14:17,
...any grease will do boots a world of good, it looks after the leather and waterproofs at the same time, you never hear of a mechanic with leaky boots...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 June 2013, 14:26,
Well done everybody for breaking opsec, letting people know what you have. Its a public forum...........still it'll be handy for somebody somewhere who's compiling a list.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
8 June 2013, 14:31,
Disagree totally P1, Talking about your security arrangements or defensive weapons may be bad OPSEC but there is hardly anything at all wrong with talking about stocking up on Washing Up Liquid.. By your value system just being on the forum must negate your opsec?

I'll be damned if i can see anything alarmist about talking about bottles of bleach, bars of soap, bin bags etc.