Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will people act after TEOTWAWKI?
7 June 2013, 17:32,
How will people act after TEOTWAWKI?
American site but could easily apply this side of the pond, subject as written above. http://www.shtfblog.com/how-will-people-...teotwawki/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 June 2013, 19:59,
RE: How will people act after TEOTWAWKI?
That was an interesting read BP, thanks. As a newbie, I haven't given this enough thought yet... Learning all the time...

7 June 2013, 20:22,
We all have an idea of the aftermath , but its good to have reminders like this, when is comes down to it THIS is the biggest problem for me at any rate, I can build shelters, do the gardening, keep animals, and lots of other skills, but this is the REAL threat to me....if I can last this out I will be home free NO PROBLEM AT ALL....if YOU make it and come to south wales a year later , that smoke from that chimney .....ITS MY PLACE
7 June 2013, 23:44,
I think recognising the volatility of people and realising that many people resort to anger and violence, once their comprehension of the situation and how to deal with it, is compromised!!!

Human volatility and stupidity are vast beyond measure. Einstein said "Only the universe and human stupidity are infinite. The former or which I am unsure about."

The most dangerous people are those that cannot hold their temper pre-SHTF. Those are the ones that will be nice and friendly one minute, then stab you as soon as they're feeling a bit peckish!!! There will be no moral requirement or governing body to stop them behaving on their base animal instinct....you know the one...the instinct that resorts them to their least mindful behaviour.

It's always a good idea to grasp which people will be like that in your neighbourhood, well ahead of time. That angry couple living down the road, that always argue, one of them won't make it past the first week. That quiet couple with all the animals, they'll prioritise the animals over you! Get a measure of people ASAP. It might not be too accurate, but it's a good place to start.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 June 2013, 00:55,
I read, I consider, I evaluate, I inwardly digest and I decide on the person I need to be most aware of - It's me.

I have an element of anger simmering deep down inside - a temper that I do manage to control. It's really only been evident over the past 7 years, since I've found myself in my current situation. The frustration felt in losing - and regretting, those things that were once do-able, is not something easily explained.

I do however believe, that I have a sufficiently mature control over it, especially since I now have a focus on protecting my wife and granddaughters, that I can use it as a tool in their defence. Many things I cannot physically do but anger is a great motivator and it could be one of the most effective tools I have in the box...

8 June 2013, 11:33, (This post was last modified: 8 June 2013, 11:34 by bigpaul.)
rule one: stay away from people they are not to be trusted, post shtf especially!! the more I learn about people the more I love my dog!Big Grin

especially people you thought were your friend, then turn around and stab you in the back.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.