Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 watt vertical axis WIND TURBINE
2 July 2013, 19:15,
RE: 500 watt vertical axis WIND TURBINE
The problem with using a drill is life expectancy of the bearings.
Most drills these days (B&Q commercial, not industrial) is that they are not designed for very heavy use.
A wind turbine is almost continuous use so I'd expect your drill bearings to fail after a few weeks.
A nice "prove it can be done" project but not a realistic long term way to provide power.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
2 July 2013, 19:44,
(2 July 2013, 19:15)Skvez Wrote: The problem with using a drill is life expectancy of the bearings.
Most drills these days (B&Q commercial, not industrial) is that they are not designed for very heavy use.
A wind turbine is almost continuous use so I'd expect your drill bearings to fail after a few weeks.
A nice "prove it can be done" project but not a realistic long term way to provide power.

i did say guerilla.....

no dramas....

Alterego
2 July 2013, 20:08,
(2 July 2013, 19:15)Skvez Wrote: The problem with using a drill is life expectancy of the bearings.

Swap out the phosforbronze bearings for sealed for life roller bearings ???