Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
opsec
8 June 2013, 20:00,
RE: opsec
Good point, but most on here KNOW they need to prepare and have a good idea of what's needed and required by themselves, although its not rocket science , it good to have RECOMENDATIONS of quantities, logistics without revealing what YOU have that seems to make sense to me at least...but hey that's just me , after all what purpose would it serve to reveal to one and all WHAT YOU HAVE .
8 June 2013, 20:03,
I see your piunt but still do not get what the risk is by telling fellow preppers and bulk buyers I have got 100 rolls of bog paper?

8 June 2013, 21:02,
my point is this , its okay to suggest that a 100 rolls of toilet paper would be a good quantity to have in your store, but not I have 100 rolls of toilet paper is all I am saying , that way members would have a good idea of what's a good quantity to hold ....you can give guidance without revealing anything that applies to you , think I will have coffee now...and a nice scone ....just out of the oven
8 June 2013, 21:26,
The way I saw the questions asked in the last day,..is no difference to any other same question being asked at other times,.. what I mean by that, is if someone asked about food stores in a separate thread,.. we all will [ and have ] been willing to talk about that particular subject,..... if anyone asked about bugging in or out we are willing to talk about that to

So I personally dont see any difference in answering the very same questions when they have been all grouped together,... there was no question asked that hasn't been covered by us all in threads past, every question has its own thread somewhere on this forum

I didn't give an answer to a question that I hadn't already mentioned before,... now if one of the questions was `where do you hide your stores?` or `is your bug out location close to home?`,... then that would not have got answers from most of us
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 June 2013, 21:45,
I only made the point because the last thing we need is for all our hard work to be swallowed up by some nameless person in a stores for redistribution to the great unwashed/unprepared...

lets just be careful, especially nowadays with the world the way it is, the parapets there, we just cant see it, lets be careful about poking our head over it.

Like I say though, I'm a paranoid prepper so that may just be my bad, each to their own, the last thing I'd want is to spoil the interactions on the site, I personally glean a lot of valuable information from everybodys posts.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
8 June 2013, 21:58,
There is not a lot wrong with being paranoid anyway, not as a preper,... paranoid, can translate into being extra careful or thinking long and hard about something, where others may not
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 June 2013, 10:36,
I'm not going to do a survey. It's pointless, people will post what they feel comfortable with and like everything else it will be different for almost everybody. For example I am OK posting what I have in soaps, salt but not all the amounts and I won't talk about my security arrangements except in a general way.

Plod get the ISPs to record all the IP addresses but Tdvsko posted how to set up Tor so you browse freely http://survivaluk.net/2013/06/03/protect...lf-online/. His next post is on secure email, coming soon, so you have the capability to protect yourself.

Nobody is forcing anyone to post anything, if you don't want to comments don't. If you do then be careful what you are posting. It is common sense.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 June 2013, 11:53,
Being paranoid is a good quality to have in this day and age
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king