Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna try ARCHERY, the BIG WEEKEND is back
8 June 2013, 21:27, (This post was last modified: 8 June 2013, 21:33 by NorthernRaider.)
Wanna try ARCHERY, the BIG WEEKEND is back
http://www.archerygb.org/bigweekend

Dammit for text again.

One again in 2013 the Archery GB organistation is holding a series of open days for people to try out their hand at archery.
its held over the middle weekend n August 25/26 etc

FYI I am still trying to organise an archery open day for preppers in the north east of England, still trying to find a suitable venue that is ecure, private and preferably free. I''blag various bits of archery kit for folks to try and prolly get MRS NR to put catering on again like she did at the recent RV. One location I've been offered is OK for a couple of people but not good enough for a group so I'll keep ooking.

9 June 2013, 10:23,
RE: Wanna try ARCHERY, the BIG WEEKEND is back
I once competed at a National field archery shoot at Pond Farm near Whitby. I wonder if the farmer still has NFAS competitions? It is a great course that rambles over the North Yorkshire Moors.
9 June 2013, 10:44,
I did some archery at Stainsacre outward bound center at Whitby some years ago, Did'nt go Goth hunting though Smile

9 June 2013, 20:14,
(9 June 2013, 10:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: I did some archery at Stainsacre outward bound center at Whitby some years ago, Did'nt go Goth hunting though Smile

Just aswel as me and our lass get vamped up every year for the goth weekend'sBig Grin
Let me know if you manage to sort out a venue,i used to shoot on common land when i had a bow (as far as i know it's still legal to do so)
I'm a bloody awful bow shot though,it annoys me as i love archery and read up as much as i can on it.I'm a decent clay pigeon shooter but just the thought of sending a nice cedar shaft and watching it hit the mark just appeals to me much more than firearms.
9 June 2013, 20:33,
(9 June 2013, 20:14)Talon Wrote: Just aswel as me and our lass get vamped up every year for the goth weekend'sBig Grin
Let me know if you manage to sort out a venue,i used to shoot on common land when i had a bow (as far as i know it's still legal to do so)
I'm a bloody awful bow shot though,it annoys me as i love archery and read up as much as i can on it.

I haff crossed oceans of time to be vith you Smile

9 June 2013, 21:10,
(9 June 2013, 20:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: I haff crossed oceans of time to be vith you Smile

Big GrinBig Grin
9 June 2013, 21:27,
You are.... Gabriel van Helising may I introduce......... myself. I am Vladislav Dracul ....... at your service ( Bows from waist) Smile