Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bartering Medical services?
10 June 2013, 09:32,
RE: Bartering Medical services?
the more and more I read like this, makes me even more and more resolute to stay away from other people post shtf , just too many threats and variables to even consider it, much too dangerous.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 June 2013, 09:37,
(10 June 2013, 09:32)bigpaul Wrote: the more and more I read like this, makes me even more and more resolute to stay away from other people post shtf , just too many threats and variables to even consider it, much too dangerous.

Big Grin No change there then Big Grin

@NR or someone - can you point me to the post of Padowan?
10 June 2013, 09:39,
Try asking Paisan about Padowan Smile

10 June 2013, 09:42, (This post was last modified: 10 June 2013, 10:25 by bigpaul.)
(10 June 2013, 09:37)River Song Wrote:
(10 June 2013, 09:32)bigpaul Wrote: the more and more I read like this, makes me even more and more resolute to stay away from other people post shtf , just too many threats and variables to even consider it, much too dangerous.

Big Grin No change there then Big Grin

Err....why would I change? I have heard nothing on this thread to make me change my mind, in fact it only REINFORCES what I have already said.

I figure if I "err on the side of caution "(as in don't trust anyone) then I wont be surprised WHEN they let me down ,its human nature after all....we seem to live in an age of "self,self,self".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 June 2013, 11:37,
Nothing is black and white. Although I understand NRs stance and have the same principle myself. I would be up to treating people for free if there was no risk to myself or mine. Helping your fellow man is something for your conscience and my default is I will if I can but that doesn't translate to every scenario at all times.

Treating the next village when they are ill may be time consuming but feasible once you are on your feet and a year down the line. Treating one of your neighbours straight away after an event could be the most dangerous thing you can do.

You have to evaluate the circumstances and make your decision then. It will change over time.

Even NR may give that little kid a bandage for their wound when the time is right.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 June 2013, 12:03, (This post was last modified: 10 June 2013, 12:04 by NorthernRaider.)
Once the risk to my families security and safety has passed and (A) we can operate a clinic SAFELY and SECURELY and (B) when we can replace medical supplies we used then yes we would probably try and help out.... after all a healthy slave is a productive one Smile

BUT as soon as someone starts going on about Social Medicine and Entitlement then all deals are off.

10 June 2013, 18:48,

In other words, BP will give up bathing and brushing his teeth. People will stay away from him in droves! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 June 2013, 18:54, (This post was last modified: 10 June 2013, 18:56 by bigpaul.)
(10 June 2013, 18:48)Jonas Wrote:

In other words, BP will give up bathing and brushing his teeth. People will stay away from him in droves! Big Grin

I really do object to personal remarks like that! if you cant say something constructive, say nowt!Angry

that's it. i'm going offline now, i'll speak to you lot tomorrow.Huh
10 June 2013, 19:02,
(10 June 2013, 18:54)bigpaul Wrote:
(10 June 2013, 18:48)Jonas Wrote:

I really do object to personal remarks like that! if you cant say something constructive, say nowt!Angry

that's it. i'm going offline now, i'll speak to you lot tomorrow.Huh

I am abjectly apologetic Sir!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 June 2013, 19:16,
Oh god not again !!!!!.