Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bartering Medical services?
10 June 2013, 20:04,
RE: Bartering Medical services?
and that is why if we stick to prepping then one persons joke isn't someone elses insult.

Thanks for apologising
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 June 2013, 20:23,
(10 June 2013, 20:04)Skean Dhude Wrote: and that is why if we stick to prepping then one persons joke isn't someone elses insult.

Thanks for apologising

I'm sorry SD. I also PM'd an apology to BP. Sometimes my Texas humor isn't... Sowing hate and discontent among the masses is not my hobby.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 June 2013, 20:25,
I can see all sides to this. My personal instinct would be to be helpful - if possible and safe - it would depend on what I had available.

But, if you were to be really horrible to an injured or sick person and refuse aid or treatment (if you had it), what do you think would happen once society started to repair and reorganise itself as it would, and must? Do you think people would remember your actions? Would they be pleased to have you in their community? Perhaps you would feel happier moving away to somewhere else? All this "massive die off" stuff is pure speculation, and you may end up in a pretty difficult situation.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 June 2013, 20:35,
There is a very strong case for keeping your skills close to your chest, at least for the first few weeks, during that time, everyone would need to harden up quiet a bit, but at least by keeping what you know to yourself and your family/group, you protect you and yours

Once things have settled down, after a few weeks or a few months, maybe that would be the time to try and help, you will have had time to access the situation and the way things are likely to go in the next few months/years,... you would not need to barter so much in those early stages

Its the fluid motion of those panic first few weeks/months that are of the most danger to us, simply not knowing how things are going to play out
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 June 2013, 20:46, (This post was last modified: 10 June 2013, 20:49 by NorthernRaider.)
(10 June 2013, 20:23)Jonas Wrote:
(10 June 2013, 20:04)Skean Dhude Wrote: and that is why if we stick to prepping then one persons joke isn't someone elses insult.

Thanks for apologising

I'm sorry SD. I also PM'd an apology to BP. Sometimes my Texas humor isn't... Sowing hate and discontent among the masses is not my hobby.

Steers n Queers, Steers n Queers Smile Smile

Ok we can now add gynaecology to my medical skills, I just got given a full set of drain rods and plungers!!!! Smile

10 June 2013, 20:52,
(10 June 2013, 20:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ok we can now add gynaecology to my medical skills, I just got given a full set of drain rods and plungers!!!! Smile

Laughed my socks off!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

10 June 2013, 21:43,
(10 June 2013, 20:52)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(10 June 2013, 20:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ok we can now add gynaecology to my medical skills, I just got given a full set of drain rods and plungers!!!! Smile

Laughed my socks off!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You should see the look on my former vict...... err girlfriends faces when I appear with nothing on except a flying helmet, piece of celery and an egg whisk!!!!! Smile

10 June 2013, 21:53, (This post was last modified: 10 June 2013, 21:54 by Grumpy Grandpa.)
(10 June 2013, 21:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: You should see the look on my former vict...... err girlfriends faces when I appear with nothing on except a flying helmet, piece of celery and an egg whisk!!!!! Smile

Slackbladder? Or do I have the wrong series entirely?Big GrinBig Grin

Better get back on thread - quick...

(Looks over shoulder...)

10 June 2013, 23:13,
if i had medical skills beyond basic first aid i would try to align myself and family with the most powerful group left after the event. (such as law enforcement) they will be able to get the supplies you need and can protect/feed you and yours. if that group happens to be overtaken then you do the same for the new boss, same as the old boss.

in my humble opinion the medical skill will be the most valuable. if someone's child is sick/hurt they will do or pay any price for a cure. A groups numbers will dwindle quickly if even minor wounds arent treated properly, especially given the lack of sanitation.
11 June 2013, 09:48,
(9 June 2013, 19:38)River Song Wrote: I'd take the first born as an offering ...

That's qualityBig Grin