Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
streetwise
10 June 2013, 14:06,
RE: streetwise
A feral street kid is likely to have the street smarts providing he lives to adulthood, and know short cuts, bolt holes, hide aways and where stuff grows wild.But unless he is instinctively intelligent he is going to struggle like everyone else trying to find clean water or decent food. He can probably find you a spliff in a minute or ammo for your gun but probably not grasp the importance of clean water, decent diet hygiene etc. He may have an uncleaned AK47 he bought from an Albanian drug dealer.

So tactically he will have the advantage over his middle class businessman city dweller who only knows tub stations, taxi ranks and wine bars, but he may be better at understanding he neds to now boil his drinking water and remembers that his house keeper always bought lots of extra food incase a dinner party was called. He may legally own a DB shotgun for corporate clay pigeon shooting.

The guy with the brains a plan and a bit of luck regardless of social status will be "Duh Man"

10 June 2013, 14:15,
(10 June 2013, 14:04)Prepper1 Wrote: Everybodys got a skill set.
Some just dont know what it is yet.
It may take shtf to bring out certain individuals skill sets.

For example me, I dont fit into modern society well, I'm very uncomfortable in it.
Much happier sat in a tree in the woods....

I know what you mean, never liked crowds, always fine on my own, I lived in a city for over 40 years which is probably why I don't like people, i'm very glad to be living the country life now, clean air, open countryside, good FRESH food, not too many people. as for skills, believe it or not I can get on with most people, was an office manager for many years so I suppose i'm good at organising things, have a good brain can think most things through, on the downside I "don't suffer fools gladly".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 June 2013, 15:59,
The gangster will have the advantage if he remains in the urban setting. Once he leaves the concrete and streetlights his advantage diminishes greatly.

The "mind set" of a criminal makes them predatory as long as the prey is helpless. If the "prey" is alert and armed or in sufficient numbers his advantage dissolves completely.

I see this daily and dealt with it in my career for 35 years.

In the urban setting criminals view the law as their protection. Normal people will not resist them violently because they fear the consequence of the law, when the criminal has no fear of the law. When the criminal finds that there is no fear of legal consequence, for self defense, in their prey they find a new hunting ground.
10 June 2013, 16:59,
they (criminals) are in for a shock then post shtf when its wrol? all bets are null and void and they will be on the receiving end for a change.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 June 2013, 17:18,
` Theres nowt as strange as folk`,.. I have given up guessing about people I judge them all by the same rules,.. the guy in the posh suit could have started out as a Rag n Bone man, but won the lottery, and has the ability of a fox

But if that guy in the good suit was bought up always having a silver spoon in his mouth, then unless he has people of ability around him who are willing to help, I fear that kind of person generally will fast fall by the wayside
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 June 2013, 17:23,
we've got too many "hooray henries" in the govt, I am not going to shed any tears if some like that "fall by the wayside", I cant see they'll be any use post shtf anyway.(less is more and all that)
10 June 2013, 20:00,
Can you honestly see the likes of Cameron and Osbourne in a survival situation? Actually just thinking about that has made my evening!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 June 2013, 20:34,
Very odd thing happened today, OH " have you ( I ) thought about security bars for windows" I reply.....OH " I think we could do with cutting those trees in the dead spots to the left and right of foot path for better views " I reply later in the day OH we could do with some form of barrier on the bottom drive , I am bloody astounded okay I know all the weak parts where we live and have plans , BUT SO DOES SHE and she's working on solutions ....and good one's to how cool is that folks.
10 June 2013, 20:40,
In a idea world, we should all be able to talk to family members and have them all on board, if this happens then you start to think together as one, and can come up with far better ideas by simply talking about it,.. that's why this forum is so successful

I am also glad to say that my o/h is like this, her ideas are usually extremely good
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 June 2013, 21:45,
to think that city kids could not adapt to rural life is blind remember theirs 100,000 of them and yes some even many will die off many wont .
just think how many kids teens young men in just liverpool manchester leeds and thats just scraching the surface .
to write them off as thick chavs is stupid
Survive the jive (youtube )