Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
knives
11 June 2013, 12:16,
RE: knives
Kuhn Rikon, best kitchen utensils ever!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 June 2013, 13:50,
(11 June 2013, 09:35)Sunna Wrote: what i want what i really really want is a j adams m o d survival knife cool as
left out loads or ill be here all day

I gots me one of those, beast of a thing. Was using it last night to prep some firewood. Took logs down to kindling with less work than my axe. Just use the MOD knife and a hammer. That thing will handle anything you throw at it. Even wide enough to use as a digging implement if necessary. Best £45 I ever spent.
15 June 2013, 22:55,
Have a look at my YouTube and facebook pages. I make my knives myself.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
22 June 2013, 17:49,
(15 June 2013, 22:55)Northumbriman Wrote: Have a look at my YouTube and facebook pages. I make my knives myself.

One of the "cottage industries" that bloomed in Viet Nam during the war was knife-making. The primary steel used was from the leaf-springs of wrecked jeeps, which were then shaped and ground down to a fine edge. I imagine that any automobile leaf-spring will work well. All you need is a junk-yard and a grinder.

These knives, by the way, were excellent and really held an edge.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
22 June 2013, 17:51,
I'm presently drooling over a "British Army combat knife" on knifewarehouse for £29.99 Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2013, 17:57,
(22 June 2013, 17:49)Jonas Wrote:
(15 June 2013, 22:55)Northumbriman Wrote: Have a look at my YouTube and facebook pages. I make my knives myself.

One of the "cottage industries" that bloomed in Viet Nam during the war was knife-making. The primary steel used was from the leaf-springs of wrecked jeeps, which were then shaped and ground down to a fine edge. I imagine that any automobile leaf-spring will work well. All you need is a junk-yard and a grinder.

These knives, by the way, were excellent and really held an edge.

Yes that's what the survival knife pictured on my Facebook site is made from. Other good sources of steel are old files and garden shears.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
22 June 2013, 18:12, (This post was last modified: 22 June 2013, 18:30 by Barneyboy.)
just got one of these what do you think read some reviews both good and bad

http://davesknifeworld.com/browseproduct...heath.HTML

(22 June 2013, 18:12)Barneyboy Wrote: just got one of these what do you think read some reviews both good and bad

http://davesknifeworld.com/browseproduct...heath.HTML

it was used and cost 20 pound ,came with plastic sheath not the one in the pic
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 June 2013, 19:01,
nice BB, is there a UK stockist?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2013, 19:20,
Spyderco bug (in wallet)
Boker plus xs (in bag)
Boker plus subcom (Edc)
22 June 2013, 20:11, (This post was last modified: 22 June 2013, 20:27 by Barneyboy.)
(22 June 2013, 19:01)bigpaul Wrote: nice BB, is there a UK stockist?

not sure mate there from the US pal got mine from army surplus has got bloody good blade mate trying to pick hole in it cos its a USA KNIFESmilebut they seem to no wot there doing with k bar

(22 June 2013, 20:11)Barneyboy Wrote:
(22 June 2013, 19:01)bigpaul Wrote: nice BB, is there a UK stockist?

not sure mate there from the US pal got mine from army surplus has got bloody good blade mate trying to pick hole in it cos its a USA KNIFESmilebut they seem to no wot there doing with k bar

here you are pal try this

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/fixed...2-75-c.asp
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!