Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaching tools
15 June 2013, 21:11,
RE: Breaching tools
If people have left an area on mass, then they did so because they were very desperate,.... I cant see a lot of desperate people stopping to lock their doors and putting the cat out,..... including any local firms
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 June 2013, 11:26,
If I did bug out my jemmy would deffinatly be coming with me. As mentioned there would be loads of warehouses/ industrial units/ shops/ offices/ compounds etc that could well be worth visiting if you think the risk is worth it.
17 June 2013, 11:29,
(15 June 2013, 21:11)Highlander Wrote: ... I cant see a lot of desperate people stopping to lock their doors

that's strange because I can, if we had to bug out i'd lock the door behind us, no need to leave an open house to any raiders...we may be expecting to return one day.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 July 2013, 21:58,
My kit- lock pick set;bolt cutters;modified stanley fubar;screwdriver set;wire cutters.
8 July 2013, 22:16,
I keep a modified pry bar for expedited entry to abandoned property.

9 July 2013, 06:36,
@dave13

How did you modify your stanley fubar?
9 July 2013, 21:18,
I keep one of these in each vehicle pack. I made a sheath for each of them and attached a carabineer for attachment to the belt.

has prybar, hatchet, hammer, nail puller capabilities

I did grind the edge to a better angle, sharpen the pry section. I also removed the rubber grip and wrapped the handle with 550 cord.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Emergenc...B007N61MK6
9 July 2013, 22:53,
@river song at the back of the tool you have a set of jaws to pick up wood I ground off the smaller one which is great for use as a pick or for prying.
11 July 2013, 13:12,
try this little baby...Big Grin

http://silodrome.com/truckers-friend-survival-tool/

Alterego
11 July 2013, 13:35,
I have something very similar to that in my toolkit. I used it for splitting logs.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin