Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
population density
11 June 2013, 11:33, (This post was last modified: 11 June 2013, 11:36 by TwistedPuppy.)
RE: population density
(11 June 2013, 10:54)TwistedPuppy Wrote: So tomorrow you wake up,all electricity gone.no form of social control,complete anarchy...

Well if you just woke up to the above,it is unlikely you would know the root cause

(11 June 2013, 11:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: Risk asessments for each individual prepper or prepper family are paramount in deciding the type of risk and the percentage of a risk impacting on the prepper.

What CAUSED the crisis will be a major decider on whether anarchy kicks or or communities pull together.
Location of source
Location of the prepper
Distance from Source to Prepper
Time of year
Current Weather and whether its getting better or worse
Economic state of nation at time
State of law and order at the time of the TSHTF
Level of preps the prepper has in place
Level of self reliance prepper has achieved
Security arrangements that the prepper has in place
etcetera

(11 June 2013, 11:21)TwistedPuppy Wrote: Its for you lot to discuss,and read more carefully

This LOT dont have to discuss anything, you can ask them to participate and to do so you need to explain and justify your conclusion first in order for us to work through it.

We have done dozens of hypothetical situations in the last year most which achieved not very much.

Well its tomorrow,so I guess 18 degrees with A chance of showers
All the other variables are down to you,and what u have in place now
I have no friends,wonder why
11 June 2013, 11:41,
Ah OK. You hit the issue I have with many scenarios we have here.

It could be a local power outage and people are panicking. Plod may have given up but it could be sorted tomorrow.

We still have to play this game though as it is the way that many new preppers learn to start to look outside the box and consider what if? How would they handle it and the older prepeprs get to consider if they have covered that properly in their preps.

Personally, I do not do well in playing these games but I am into Risk Management so can consider scenarios without playing games and then test them. It's a thought process thing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 June 2013, 11:42,
I think the principle of what you're speaking about TP is accurate, however, the UK is filled with density hotspots. Major cities hold the greatest density, however the migration you speak of, is VERY unlikely to provide a fully equalised geographic population. Whether the average mile has 700 people in, the actual truth is more likely to be similar to how it is now. Some places will have much greater densities than others. I can't see 700 people thinking the top 1 mile of Ben Nevis is a great place to stay, nor the middle square mile of Loch Ness. This leads me to believe that there will still be an uneven distribution of citizenry throughout the UK.

Those that are prepared will likely stay in place for a while, and try to wait out the situation. This will decide whether it's a momentary blip, or a major catastrophe.

With that in mind, I'm of the persuasion that believes it wise to do the same, depending on the situation. Our neighbours are great people and there are strong bonds between many people on the road. We're enough out of the way, to not be concerned about major city activities.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 June 2013, 11:44, (This post was last modified: 11 June 2013, 11:46 by TwistedPuppy.)
(11 June 2013, 11:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: Ah OK. You hit the issue I have with many scenarios we have here.

It could be a local power outage and people are panicking. Plod may have given up but it could be sorted tomorrow.

We still have to play this game though as it is the way that many new preppers learn to start to look outside the box and consider what if? How would they handle it and the older prepeprs get to consider if they have covered that properly in their preps.

Personally, I do not do well in playing these games but I am into Risk Management so can consider scenarios without playing games and then test them. It's a thought process thing.
[/quote

Then why even reply to the post if that is your opinion

[quote='Scythe13' pid='60869' dateline='1370947337']
I think the principle of what you're speaking about TP is accurate, however, the UK is filled with density hotspots. Major cities hold the greatest density, however the migration you speak of, is VERY unlikely to provide a fully equalised geographic population. Whether the average mile has 700 people in, the actual truth is more likely to be similar to how it is now. Some places will have much greater densities than others. I can't see 700 people thinking the top 1 mile of Ben Nevis is a great place to stay, nor the middle square mile of Loch Ness. This leads me to believe that there will still be an uneven distribution of citizenry throughout the UK.

Those that are prepared will likely stay in place for a while, and try to wait out the situation. This will decide whether it's a momentary blip, or a major catastrophe.

With that in mind, I'm of the persuasion that believes it wise to do the same, depending on the situation. Our neighbours are great people and there are strong bonds between many people on the road. We're enough out of the way, to not be concerned about major city activities.

Ahh I am most pleased with this answer. This is what I'm looking for...lateral thinking
11 June 2013, 11:47,
(11 June 2013, 11:42)Scythe13 Wrote: Major cities hold the greatest density, however the migration you speak of, is VERY unlikely to provide a fully equalised geographic population. Whether the average mile has 700 people in, the actual truth is more likely to be similar to how it is now. Some places will have much greater densities than others. This leads me to believe that there will still be an uneven distribution of citizenry throughout the UK.

Ditto Big Grin I believe I said as much(although in fewer words) in my previous reply. well said young Scythe.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 12:47,
(11 June 2013, 10:54)TwistedPuppy Wrote: Is staying put,staying armed and staying with A well balanced ''team'' the way to go for us Brits.

Hmmm
11 June 2013, 12:50,
Thought this forum wasnt your thing ? no offence taken BTW

"TwistedPuppy
RE: hi from Nottinghamshire
Not my kinda forum to be honest,sections too random,and its the same people spamming Shit with no real useful content.
No offence"

11 June 2013, 12:52,
(11 June 2013, 12:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: Thought this forum wasnt your thing ? no offence taken BTW

"TwistedPuppy
Not my kinda forum to be honest,sections too random,and its the same people spamming Shit with no real useful content.
No offence"

By all means take offence if one wishes.
Just waiting for an answer to an idea
Ideas are nothing if not shared,even if it is portrayed in a negative fashion
11 June 2013, 13:00,
(11 June 2013, 12:52)TwistedPuppy Wrote:
(11 June 2013, 12:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: Thought this forum wasnt your thing ? no offence taken BTW

"TwistedPuppy
No offence"

By all means take offence if one wishes.
Just waiting for an answer to an idea
Ideas are nothing if not shared,even if it is portrayed in a negative fashion

Non taken, pleased your still here, without ideas and imagination we are lesser souls.

11 June 2013, 13:01,
In two minds to be fair