Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive, Negative and Neutral media
12 June 2013, 11:18,
RE: Positive, Negative and Neutral media
The media are nothing more than the mouthpiece of government and vested interest groups, whose only existence is to spread fear and uncertainty amongst the general population. It's a common joke in our house that when we watch the BBC news (for a laugh) we take bets on how long it will be before there is the compulsory health scare story.
12 June 2013, 11:19,
If the media wants lots of shocking, "right wing extremists" (for some reason you never see any left wing extremist preppers?) they will probably go to Stormfront. I had a look around, and it seems most people on there are preparing for something, be it "continuation of the white race in the coming race war" or something a bit more normal.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
12 June 2013, 13:32,
I think like most of you TPTB will have more to concern them then us and the sheeple, will be our biggest concern and for this alone we must allways have good opsec am guessing there is barely a person on this site who would not recognise armoured cockroach or funky prepper even though there intentions are honourable ?
12 June 2013, 14:31,
(12 June 2013, 13:32)Spandex228 Wrote: am guessing there is barely a person on this site who would not recognise armoured cockroach or funky prepper even though there intentions are honourable ?

they look like twins!Big Grin and no don't think i'd mistake either of them, you can tell AC by his voice.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2013, 14:41,
ac and fp are attention seekers, as is anyone on youtube, without a balaclava and voice changer.....
Or a camera angle that doesn't include them.
Also their addresses must be pretty well easily got from them as people send then stuff.
Utterly stupid thing to do if you ask me....
BUT that's just my opinion
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
12 June 2013, 14:44,
AC has posted some interesting stuff on youtube, but like you say P1, too much publicity-opsec gone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2013, 18:23, (This post was last modified: 12 June 2013, 18:23 by Prepper1.)
yep, they do some interesting stuff, but there's no way I'd ever show my face deliberately on camera....

It'd be too much for the world to cope with any way... TongueTongueTongue

Put people off prepping for life!!!!!
12 June 2013, 20:20,
(12 June 2013, 14:41)Prepper1 Wrote: ac and fp are attention seekers, as is anyone on youtube, without a balaclava and voice changer.....
Or a camera angle that doesn't include them.
Also their addresses must be pretty well easily got from them as people send then stuff.
Utterly stupid thing to do if you ask me....
BUT that's just my opinion

Personally I dont think they are real prepers anyway, they have both seem a way of becoming stars, so they have read up on a few bush craft skills and started making videos,... like a lot of other guys,...

Apart from bush craft things, and what many may see as very `macho` subjects, I have not seen either post a video about real preping, they tend to talk about the short term problems, not about how to survive long term, I would much rather read threads on this site than watch any video either of them make
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 June 2013, 20:30, (This post was last modified: 12 June 2013, 20:31 by NorthernRaider.)
HL that is the point I have been hammering away at for months, I'n not attacking those chaps skills or plans but I honestly ( and without malice) say they are Wilderness Survival Experts, Bushcrafters, Woodsmen etc but they are not preppers or survivalists in the generally accepted term. ( though some folks will disagree with me.

Being able to hunt critters, build bashers, throw and axe, start a fire by rubbing a couple of boy scouts together, navigate by observing falling satelites and be able to rough in in the boonies is traditional FIELDCRAFT and BUSHCRAFT.

Survivalism and its cousin prepping is about planning and developing contingency plans to ensure continuity, comfort,community, safety and security for individuals other than single fit young men. its about entire family or groups developing skills and sytems that allow them to continue to thrive in modest comfort whilst those around them fail.

That TV show should really be called Doomsday Bushcrafters UK not Doomsday Preppers UK

And Yes before anyone leaps in Bushcraft and field craft are skills use by preppers, but so are many other skills and facets that completely seperate us from the basha builders.

12 June 2013, 21:15,
I think you hit the nail on the head N.R, all you see loads of the you tubers do is bushcraft, lighting fires, building bashas etc...

as you said...
Prepping and survivalism, definitely not the same thing even though we cross paths occasionally...

I see bushcraft as advanced camping and for the short term and survival/prepping the long term.

Definitely a different outlook and view, but sharing some similarities overall.