Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review - Condor Bushlore "bushcraft" knife
12 June 2013, 07:03,
Review - Condor Bushlore "bushcraft" knife
Hi there.

If anyone is on the lookout for a cheap, but effective bushcraft knife, get the bushlore!

I've had mine for around 3 months now, its been used for all sorts of tasks, batoning, feathering, food prep, chopping, stripping bark, i even used some paracord and a long stick and made a spear!

It's full scandanavian ground, full tang, but they do have an annoying bevel on the blade from new, but as they are half the price of any other similar blade i've found, you can splash out on a decent pocket sharpening stone and still be quids in!

it also comes with a really well made leather sheath with belt loop!

the grind is a little too flat for my liking, giving it some real abuse at the weekend i put a little ding in the edge, but it was easily repairable with my fallkniven DC4.

also, it's carbon steel, and due to the nature of my activies at the weekend, i found rust would bloom on it quite easily, as i forgot to pack oil!

apart from that, a cracking knife for the price!!!

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/condo...1775-p.asp
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
13 June 2013, 19:28,
RE: Review - Condor Bushlore "bushcraft" knife
Condor make some really nice,good value products.I had their Golok,nice bit of kit.You could try putting a micro bevel on your scandi grind Binnie.It gives a little more resilience to the edge.Cool
13 June 2013, 19:59,
The bush knife is next on my list I've seen loads of reviews of it on YouTube all really rating it highly
14 June 2013, 06:15,
(13 June 2013, 19:28)Talon Wrote: try putting a micro bevel on your scandi grind Binnie.It gives a little more resilience to the edge.Cool

Thanks i'll give that a bash,
14 June 2013, 18:41,
I 'll stick with my Mora knives, got several when they were going cheap.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 June 2013, 19:00,
(14 June 2013, 18:41)bigpaul Wrote: I 'll stick with my Mora knives, got several when they were going cheap.

I have one too,.. they are a good knife, they use them on the fish farms up here
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 June 2013, 06:43,
I also have a mora HD clipper, it has its uses, but i'd trust the condor a little more, being full tang, and having a bit more weight to it, you can be a bit more brutal with it.

Everyone should have a mora already, as they are ALWAYS cheap, and ALWAYS good quality,

for food prep etc, i'll use the mora, for anything heavy or punishing, i'd rather not risk breaking the handle, so i use the condor.

Its important to use the right tool for the job and all that jazz!
4 September 2013, 14:06,
just a quick update on this knife

I was trying a few different things, and lashed the knife to a wooden stick to make a spear,

my spear throwing skills leave a lot to be desired, but it worked, it's put a slight bend on the blade, but it's by no means damaged, just not perfectly straight

not the knifes fault mind you, it did enter the wooden target at some funny angles lol!