Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages
12 June 2013, 20:34,
RE: Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages
(12 June 2013, 14:47)bigpaul Wrote:
(12 June 2013, 14:45)Prepper1 Wrote: The one constant thing in every forum is that everybody needs to get technology back up and running, just like it was.
Why, the constant reliving the same old same old again and again.
Cant figure it out myself.

no everyone brother, not me! technology you can keep it! I don't even want electricity!Big GrinBig Grin

No matter what any of us think,... technology will make a return, that's without a doubt, because despite what we might say here, we all like our comfort and conveniences,.... and I am sure that for every one person that doesn't want to return to it, there are a million who do
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 June 2013, 21:04,
Dont get me wrong, I love the internet and online banking, shopping etc.. but could do without it in a heartbeat.

I just wish rather than greed, sustainability ran the show and things were done for peoples benefit not company's profit.

If thats one thing humans cold do with losing, its greed.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
13 June 2013, 00:31,
Teknologee..... yes I use it .....im using it now....I have to use a CNC router at work ...hate that bastard!.....my kids wud rather stay on the Xbox etc than go to the Park ...partly us being too soft with them ... without sky plus /face book etc me and the OH would probs "interact" more !...but I don't want it after the event....its dumbing down society /tv=brain drain mostly . I.think not many of us want this TO START ALL OVER AGAIN .....no Fuc@~Ng way...what !!! camera/monitored/spyed on by "THEM" and their evil empire they have us living and OBEYING in !...I hope its 50 years down the line after the SHTF....cos its used for war..surveillance...control....and death IMO.... take the Road Warrior back to the bronze age.
13 June 2013, 00:42,
Jeez, the Bronze Age. Now that was hard core violence. Well the juicy bits in the archaeological record any way. Just hope you find a quiet spot to live long & prosper in. Smile
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
13 June 2013, 01:09,
The Amish folks mentioned do take advantage of modern healthcare and medicines. That may be part of the reason they live to over 40ish.

As far as technology goes, I think it is part of our nature to long for "simpler times". However; when that situation is thrust upon folks it will be a rude awakening and not quite as romantic as they had envisioned. Not a huge fan of technology myself (saying this while updating online forum). I like spending my free time outdoors, but also enjoy sleeping in air conditioned comfort.

If things go TU, after the dust settles whatever groups that have formed will be in a mad scamble for technology. technology=power. There will always be leaders that are driven to knock off all others, technology will be the means to do that. As it has been thru history
13 June 2013, 06:17,
does anyone know where a girl can hold of a 12v sauna?
13 June 2013, 07:56, (This post was last modified: 13 June 2013, 07:56 by bigpaul.)
(12 June 2013, 20:34)Highlander Wrote: technology will make a return, that's without a doubt, because despite what we might say here, we all like our comfort and conveniences,....

I really wonder why I bother posting sometimes, I pour out my heart online and my post is either completely ignored or rebuffed out of hand.

not aimed at you personally HL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 08:03,
you are not being ignored BP,...or rebuffed
13 June 2013, 08:07,
"Technology" is a modern concept and has only really been around since The Industrial Revolution, before then mankind lived for hundreds, thousands of years without it and we can again, we will HAVE to.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 08:14,
(13 June 2013, 08:07)bigpaul Wrote: "Technology" is a modern concept and has only really been around since The Industrial Revolution, before then mankind lived for hundreds, thousands of years without it and we can again, we will HAVE to.

After any big event, I dont think we will have to wait too long before man harnesses the green energy in order to produce electricity, it is only done these days on a very limited scale, but when there are no more large power plants,.. we will use far more water and wind power, the coasts will harness the waves better,... there will be many sources of electricity available.

In earlier times we didn't know how to do it, so we didn't miss it, now that we do know, I just cant see man living without power at all for very long,...