Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages
13 June 2013, 08:17, (This post was last modified: 13 June 2013, 08:20 by bigpaul.)
RE: Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages
where will you get the equipment from? and more importantly the knowledge to make it work? i'm no wind turbine or wave power expert and I don't think many on here are either.

instead of worrying about electricity and technology, I for one will be too busy planting crops, raising animals and doing the other 100's of jobs needed around my home/retreat/BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 09:18,
NR,

Society does not equal technology. I'm happy with the technology we have now but would not want our current society. I don't want to get into Politics so I will stop there.

BP,

Nobody is ignoring or rebuffing you. It is just a difference of opinion. We are well aware of your thoughts on the subject and some of us don't agree. We wish you the best in your plans for a future without technology.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 June 2013, 09:56,
the thing is, if THE event is something on the lower order of things then maybe just a few months, 6 months tops then power restored sort of thing then its just making the necessary adjustments to our lifestyle until the problem is solved,then I will agree with all our techno phobes, BUT I think the event isn't going to be like that, I think it will be THE BIGGIE ,not 6 months, the power is NEVER coming back on...period.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 10:10,
If prepper /surv communitys get basic comm equiptment going on a small scale after SHTF ...to me the military/gov will have it on a much bigger scale....This isn't ..like I already said ,what I want . To me it screams Continuity of Government......re-processing every survivor ..catalogging,numbering...."papers...vher are your documents" etc....this means no freedom ...AGAIN...I look forward to having no masters.....No police/army.....no mobile phones....no more micro chips. I DONT WANT ANOTHER NEW OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT !Angry
13 June 2013, 10:17,
Not the general UK wide grid perhaps but there will be pockets where electrickery is generated. They will have hot cups of tea and soup, comms and the advantages technology brings.

I want to have my own mini system. Will consider putting a siren on the mains so when it comes back on I'll know but thats it.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 June 2013, 10:21,
(13 June 2013, 10:10)RoadWarrior Wrote: If prepper /surv communitys get basic comm equiptment going on a small scale after SHTF ...to me the military/gov will have it on a much bigger scale....This isn't ..like I already said ,what I want . To me it screams Continuity of Government......re-processing every survivor ..catalogging,numbering...."papers...vher are your documents" etc....this means no freedom ...AGAIN...I look forward to having no masters.....No police/army.....no mobile phones....no more micro chips. I DONT WANT ANOTHER NEW OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT !Angry
Exactly, what we don't need is the same old, same old, what we need is something completely DIFFERENT. lets start again and NOT go down the same route again but find a different way of doing things.
13 June 2013, 15:08,
For instance, Scotland is full of Hydro schemes,.. not all big company works either, many of them are private enterprises,.. they will all still be working, the water will still flow and Electric will continue
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 June 2013, 15:25,
I assume then, from the general direction that this thread is going in, that everyone wants ,no needs, the electricity back on, at any cost? what will you do then if this is not possible, for whatever reason...?
13 June 2013, 17:34,
wants is not the same as needs.

We want electrickery to make thing better but we are prepared to live without it.
Skean Dhude
13 June 2013, 17:39,
(13 June 2013, 17:34)Skean Dhude Wrote: We want electrickery to make thing better but we are prepared to live without it.

I know you are SD, I just wondered what everyone else was going to do if the power stayed off permanently. I mean, apart from my OH has anybody ACTUALLY lived for an extended period (i.e. YEARS) without power and how did they cope?