Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
13 June 2013, 11:04,
RE: wild camping anyone?
(13 June 2013, 11:02)bigpaul Wrote: build a shelter? with what?

Debris shelter
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 June 2013, 11:05, (This post was last modified: 13 June 2013, 11:07 by bigpaul.)
Debris?......from what?

its Dartmoor...its barren.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 11:12,
(13 June 2013, 11:05)bigpaul Wrote: Debris?......from what?

its Dartmoor...its barren.

What parts of Dartmoor on you on about? Do you know where Hound Tor is? Do you know where the village ruins are? Between the 2 of those is a stream and a wooded area.

Lots of Dartmoor is just rocks and grass, but there are areas of woodlands.
13 June 2013, 11:35,
Hound Tor? watch out for the coach loads of tourists, well know spot for the "common spotted Emmett"Big GrinBig Grin have fun, don't get lost and watch out for peat bogs.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 11:48,
(13 June 2013, 11:35)bigpaul Wrote: Hound Tor? watch out for the coach loads of tourists, well know spot for the "common spotted Emmett"Big GrinBig Grin have fun, don't get lost and watch out for peat bogs.

Tourists are an annoyance, but that's not an issue. It'll me mostly treking around, I think. Also, no point going deepest and darkest. We are still getting to know one another.
13 June 2013, 11:50,
Thanks for the great feedback on this one. It deffinatly looks like a goer. I will PM people shortly.....
13 June 2013, 12:13,
Since you are, quite rightly, going PM on this, will you please remember to post some kind of report/result afterwards? I'd be very interested and I'm sure others will be too...

13 June 2013, 12:51,
(13 June 2013, 11:48)Scythe13 Wrote:
(13 June 2013, 11:35)bigpaul Wrote: Hound Tor? watch out for the coach loads of tourists, well know spot for the "common spotted Emmett"Big GrinBig Grin have fun, don't get lost and watch out for peat bogs.

Tourists are an annoyance, but that's not an issue. It'll me mostly treking around, I think. Also, no point going deepest and darkest. We are still getting to know one another.

wife was there on Christmas Day, car park was heaving with people! wife's mothers family used to own a cottage near there but it was sold off pre war.
14 June 2013, 11:13,
(13 June 2013, 12:13)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: Since you are, quite rightly, going PM on this, will you please remember to post some kind of report/result afterwards? I'd be very interested and I'm sure others will be too...

Last meet I was at, over in Wales, when we all went into our tents to get some sleep, we were ALL on the forum messaging about how it was going haha.

I think a write up is a requirement.
14 June 2013, 11:56,
Hell yeh- well up for this one. It looks so damn beautiful there. Will be posting feedback asap.