Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
18 June 2013, 11:44,
RE: wild camping anyone?
yep, might pop in depending on what were doing ourselves.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 18:58,
Hi When you decide the location and the date please let me know as I dont live far from the moors,and depending on work I could either look in or spend the night.
Would it be ok to bring a teenager,she is very much into camping hiking and being outdoors and she loves the moors.
I also have a couple of ideas for locations so let me know if you would like them.
18 June 2013, 23:19, (This post was last modified: 18 June 2013, 23:20 by Scythe13.)
(18 June 2013, 18:58)Chaos25 Wrote: Hi When you decide the location and the date please let me know as I dont live far from the moors,and depending on work I could either look in or spend the night.
Would it be ok to bring a teenager,she is very much into camping hiking and being outdoors and she loves the moors.
I also have a couple of ideas for locations so let me know if you would like them.

Hi Chaos, PM me about locations.

As for the teenager, it is open invite. Is she a friend, family, or girlfriend?

It doesn't make a huge difference. But if she's a friend or girlfriend, I'd much prefer parental permition if under 18. Camping with you and your mates is excuse enough.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 June 2013, 21:42, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 21:47 by Chaos25.)
(18 June 2013, 23:19)Scythe13 Wrote:
(18 June 2013, 18:58)Chaos25 Wrote: Hi When you decide the location and the date please let me know as I dont live far from the moors,and depending on work I could either look in or spend the night.

It doesn't make a huge difference. But if she's a friend or girlfriend, I'd much prefer parental permition if under 18. Camping with you and your mates is excuse enough.

(19 June 2013, 21:42)Chaos25 Wrote:
(18 June 2013, 23:19)Scythe13 Wrote:

Sorry for double posting still getting used to message boards. s13 I have pm'd the locations and the teenager is my daughter so no worries about parental pemmission,although I fully understand your concerns ,I would be the same.
20 June 2013, 11:08,
I'm sure you all know what Dartmoor looks like, but have a look at this as it cover landmarks etc.

http://www.richkni.co.uk/dartmoor/walks_all.htm

Stunning Smile
20 June 2013, 11:10,
anyone come up with a positive location yet??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2013, 13:01,
(20 June 2013, 11:08)MCavity Wrote: I'm sure you all know what Dartmoor looks like, but have a look at this as it cover landmarks etc.

http://www.richkni.co.uk/dartmoor/walks_all.htm

Stunning Smile

Those views take me back a bit! Did a lot of training in the South West about (muffle-muffle) years ago! Big Grin

20 June 2013, 13:07,
Dartmoor is mine and "strive"s back yard!
22 June 2013, 21:48,
(20 June 2013, 13:07)bigpaul Wrote: Dartmoor is mine and "strive"s back yard!
Mine too as of this year, now doing living in Exeter, just caught this thread and quite up for the wild camping idea as I've no experience with this. Will be bringing the poncho just in case though !
23 June 2013, 07:52,
I think we'll be having a milder first meet, tents are welcome. I'll be bringing at least one for the wife and puppies (not those puppies SD, our whippets).

There has never been anything wrong with having a back-up.

With the location, I'm 80% decided. Need to pop down and check it out...maybe trial run it for a day...or night haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin