Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break In at S13's home....thwarted.
13 June 2013, 14:57,
RE: Break In at S13's home....thwarted.
(13 June 2013, 10:42)Mooski88 Wrote: Beware of dogs sign and alarm sticker. They are both great deterrents even if u don't have them. I have also found that pushing a wooden wedge (usually used to hold open doors) is a great and easy way to keep someone from opening the door/gate.

NEVER put `Beware of the dogs`,.. or those signs that say things like `my dog can get to the gate in 10 seconds, can you?`

As far as the law is concerned, these signs are admitting libility, you are admitting that your dogs will attack,.. and if someone is bitten, then you will be the guilty party

I belong to the `German Shepherd Rescue Scotland` and I have seen this happen more than once,.. the Police advice that your sign says something like this,.... since this photo was taken we also lock the gate

[Image: gatesign.jpg]
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 June 2013, 15:09,
Wow! Glad to hear all's good S13 - had a similar occurance at ours a couple of weeks back with someone in the back yard at 2.30am - thank God my dog has a real 'I'll rip your b@lls off if you come closer' bark should have heard them scrambling over the seven foot wall then running off panicked!
13 June 2013, 15:30,
Glad to hear the intruders didn't get in, Scythe. It's always a shock when someone tries though. I had a similar problem here a year or so ago. I was sitting quietly watching TV one evening when I heard the door handle being tried. We lock the doors at night, and particularly in the dark evenings. I leapt up, but the dog beat me to it and was trying to get through the door. Whoever it was beat a hasty retreat. We have had sensor lights and CCTV installed since then. No further problems.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
13 June 2013, 15:32,
our dog is up and barking BEFORE anyone gets anywhere near the door, we have one of the longest drives in the street and chippings on the path, nothing gets past her.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 18:00,
glad that nobody got close to getting in ....... makes you think though
13 June 2013, 19:05,
Now I've seen the photo of your pooch, I can understand why they legged it. Smile

13 June 2013, 22:25,
You're right that even the best security measures won't deter someone who is determined to get in, but, during BAU, it's all about deterrence. If your place looks too risky, they'll just go to the next place along. So simple, well thought-out measures are worth taking.

Post SHTF, I guess all gloves are off, and an armed response might be needed to repel particularly determined intruders.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
14 June 2013, 11:43,
(13 June 2013, 22:25)Tarrel Wrote: Post SHTF, I guess all gloves are off, and an armed response might be needed to repel particularly determined intruders.

Oddly, the wife is much keener on me getting my FAC and Shotty license, but she want's to get them both as well! Poor intruders, she's a better shot than me haha. My shooting seems to always end up around knee height ;-)
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 June 2013, 15:49,
(14 June 2013, 11:43)Scythe13 Wrote:
(13 June 2013, 22:25)Tarrel Wrote: Post SHTF, I guess all gloves are off, and an armed response might be needed to repel particularly determined intruders.

Oddly, the wife is much keener on me getting my FAC and Shotty license, but she want's to get them both as well! Poor intruders, she's a better shot than me haha. My shooting seems to always end up around knee height ;-)

You need to get to the skeet range for a few rounds Scythe.

It will avoid all the screaming and writhing about spraying blood everywhere when you cut the bad guys off at the knees!

Much easier to haul away whole bodies than gather parts up and the flies get terrible after a bleed-out.
14 June 2013, 20:41,
Glad they didn't get in mate Smile sounds like you have some good ideas for some improvements Smile
Winter is coming