Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
fight or negotiation
21 June 2013, 09:13,
RE: fight or negotiation
never been a grey man, I stand out too much! we always say "once seen never forgotten", but this does have its plus side, many times people have seen me and gone the other way, crossed the road to avoid me, I had one women try to throw herself through a shop window just to avoid me...and I hadn't even said a word! the people around here know to "step lively" around me, one or two have had" the rough edge" of my tongue, I don't "suffer fools gladly"!! looking the way I do may have a distinct advantage post shtf.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 June 2013, 17:44,
(20 June 2013, 20:35)Straight Shooter Wrote: I don't believe this...........YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT ON THE HOP IN FRONT OF YOU ARE op1 1 person......op 2 THERE ARE 6 people you cannot run what are you going to do PLAIN AND SIMPLE !

In either case, that's why I carry 5 10-round magazines. My negotiating offer (to the leader of the group) might be something like "you're first!" or to the entire group "who's first?"

Had a similar situation back in the day with about 20 or so drunks in a marina who were going to go down a finger pier to check on their buddies regardless of what we wanted. My boat crew was doing an inspection on the sailboat we had just towed in, and I wasn't carrying a sidearm. The biggest and loudest of the drunks was going to lead the charge right over the top of me if I didn't get out of his way... but I negotiated!

His wife was standing next to him. I asked her if this was her husband? She replied with a torrent of drunken profanity which freely translated meant "yes". I then told her to say good-bye to her husband. She asked "why?" I then explained to her that the second he touched me it was an assault on a federal officer and he would be on his way to Ft. Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary - guaranteed 20 years with no parole or probation. She looked at me, looked at Hubby, looked at me again, looked at Hubby again, looked at me again, then grabbed Hubby by the arm and said something like "we're going back to our boat, George (or whatever his name was)", He muttered "yes dear", and they promptly turned and left. The rest of the crowd dispersed.

In case you're wondering, I was damn lucky. Twenty people could have stomped me into a grease puddle!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
21 June 2013, 17:54,
most bully's are the same whichever side of the pond you are, let them walk all over you and they will, stand up to them and 99.9% of the time they'll back off!! had an instance of this whilst in a club with a friend, I went to the toilet, came back and friend(male) was being harassed by 3 individuals((all male)), I just stood behind with my arms folded, friend said to ringleader "look behind you" , he did...I still hadn't said a word!....he looked, and he and his 2 friends just literally disappeared into the woodwork...still without me saying a word!!they were never seen again. like I said, looking the way I do helps sometimes!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 June 2013, 18:24,
Know where you are coming from there BP - being 6'5 and built like a brick outhouse has stopped a lot of things from escalating so far in my life - even more so when I was in uniform and armed!

But that does not mean I am complacent as all bets are off post SHTF - some people will target the biggest to prove themselves, others won't give a damn who you are or how you look so....

In some ways the guys in the US are luckier with their rights to bear arms but I still prefer the UK where the opposer is unlikely to be armed with a gun (though its not impossible!)
21 June 2013, 18:51,
(21 June 2013, 18:24)Arnie72 Wrote: Know where you are coming from there BP - being 6'5 and built like a brick outhouse has stopped a lot of things from escalating so far in my life - even more so when I was in uniform and armed!

But that does not mean I am complacent as all bets are off post SHTF - some people will target the biggest to prove themselves, others won't give a damn who you are or how you look so....

yes, there will always be one(isn't there always) who you cant negotiate with...that's the one you take down first!