Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
fight or negotiation
15 June 2013, 10:49, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 10:51 by Binnie.)
RE: fight or negotiation
(15 June 2013, 10:36)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 June 2013, 10:25)Binnie Wrote: in many african countries ts has already htf BP, yet no reports of millions of murders for the ever elusive cup of rice??

rubbish, there are reports of villages being attacked and entire populations being beheaded, don't believe everything you see on the BBC or SKY.

whats more, Africans don't have much food for anyone to steal...period, most of them end up walking hundreds of miles to a "refugee" camp where they die by the thousands. western nations are different, we DO have the food.

in any case, I don't live in Africa, I live in the UK and we were talking about what will happen here POST SHTF, not some 3rd world country.

lol hopefully not a backlash to one of my comments on another thread.

you need to think a little outside of the box, africa MUST have food, people cant live without it, there is however very little in the famine regions

the less there is, the more likely people will use extreme tactics to get it, don't you think?????

villages being attacked and people beheaded are not for food BP, well, at least that isn't the main aim of the attackers, from what i read its religeous/political.

if the apocalypse really does send us back to the bronze age, people WILL work together, its human nature.

you will ALWAYS have rogues, but we already have them now, given they will be more dangerous, but they still exist
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 10:52, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 10:57 by bigpaul.)
I suggest you read "The Collapse" thread, especially the comments by SS and Prepper 1, and then get your head out of the sand.

if you really think people are going to work together post shtf, you are very niave and will last about 5 minutes.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 11:01,
(15 June 2013, 10:52)bigpaul Wrote: I suggest you read "The Collapse" thread, especially the comments by SS and Prepper 1, and then get your head out of the sand.

Again, a lot of that is speculation, yes we can make references to different countries that have experienced difficulties,

but to say event A will be suceeded by event B and then definitly consequence C its a little bit arrogant,

the fact is ANYTHING could happen, lets not make it all doom and gloom though.

things that happen in nottingham might not happen in derby, things that happen in glasgow may not happen in stirling.

and to say people will not work together post tshtf is so short sighted its unbeleivable, just think about what you are saying for a second, think outside the box and consider your response Smile
15 June 2013, 11:09,
I would agree with you if this was still the 1950's or even 1960's but its not, its 2013 and we have a different sort of "civilisation" these days, we have the "me,me,me" generation and they are NOT going to give a thought for you, me or our families, they will take EVERYTHING they can, if we let them, I don't know about you but i'm going to be there with LETHAL persuasion, nobody is taking what I have put back for me or mine. I am sorry, you are the one with "rose tinted" glasses not HL if you really believe people will work together POST SHTF, I think you are in for one helleva shock!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 11:13, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 11:14 by Binnie.)
see thats the major flaw with your "nobody will work together" theory.

when "they" come for your stuff...... "they" is plural...... "they" are a gang....

a gang IS people working together......... thats why i said think outside the box Tongue

and as i'm sure you are aware, a lot of people working together, is a lot more powerful than one dude on his own!
15 June 2013, 11:17, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 11:21 by bigpaul.)
(15 June 2013, 11:13)Binnie Wrote: see thats the major flaw with your "nobody will work together" theory.

when "they" come for your stuff...... "they" is plural...... "they" are a gang....

a gang IS people working together......... thats why i said think outside the box Tongue

according to my dictionary: They...is the 3rd person, not you, not me, someone else. try and not be so literal.

if you don't at least take some "precautions"-just in case, you will soon be over run.
15 June 2013, 11:27,
(15 June 2013, 11:17)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 June 2013, 11:13)Binnie Wrote: see thats the major flaw with your "nobody will work together" theory.

according to my dictionary: They...is the 3rd person, not you, not me, someone else. try and not be so literal.

Please don't speak utter tripe

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/they

pronoun
[third person plural] 1 used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified:
the two men could get life sentences if they are convicted•people in general:
the rest, as they say, is history
•informal people in authority regarded collectively:
they cut my water off
2 [singular] used to refer to a person of unspecified sex:
ask a friend if they could help........

to say NO ONE will work together post event is pish of the higest caliber[/i]

I can see your just being stupid now, i'm trying to discuss valid points, maybe you should read them and consider them.

there is more than one way to do things, its not only the "BP way" and the "wrong way"
15 June 2013, 11:29, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 11:34 by bigpaul.)
I see you have resorted to personal insults now. I have finished with you. this conversation is ended.

you have either not read my comments or have just ignored them, it would seem to be Binnie's way or not at all. to say (people wont work together) is PISH is not seeing the others point of view but dismissing it out of hand. that's it, i'm outta here(this thread).
15 June 2013, 11:43,
and the personal insults started when you claim i have rose tinted glasses and not HL btw :O

i totally get the fact there will be loners and outcasts, if thats the route you want to go down then fine by me Smile

If i stumble across a community on my travels, or should my local community look after themselves, hopfeully i'll be able to bring something to the party. the lone wolf option can work for some, but not the majority
15 June 2013, 11:52,
(15 June 2013, 11:43)Binnie Wrote: and the personal insults started when you claim i have rose tinted glasses and not HL btw :O

i totally get the fact there will be loners and outcasts, if thats the route you want to go down then fine by me Smile

If i stumble across a community on my travels, or should my local community look after themselves, hopfeully i'll be able to bring something to the party. the lone wolf option can work for some, but not the majority
OK, whether i'm a loner(which I am) or an outcast(which i'm not) is not the point, what I was trying to say was that post shtf we should NOT trust any one or any group we don't personally know(if we haven't met them before, if we haven't worked or spent time with them..then DONT trust them), as I said somewhere else, I cannot sleep with one eye open, if you want to try and work with others then that is your prerogative but at least be aware not all people are "whiter than white" and we should all act accordingly so that we are NOT taken by surprise.