Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Collapse of Society.
15 June 2013, 00:09,
RE: The Collapse of Society.
Well thought out reply TL and a great reply ......very well done!
15 June 2013, 00:15,
So, the iPhone7 might not work any more, and you won't be able to watch "Britain's Got Pop Star Talent" series 25, but peas will still grow, rain will fall, animals will breed.
15 June 2013, 00:35,
John, why would I or anyone else wanna go to work if theres no access to cash points etc...I do nightshift but aint gonna work in a candle lit factory full of sawdust (safety alert) for no fuc@ing dosh ..that's worth nowt....and pensions ...a joke ...your basically lending the gov/private companys money to do what they like with ....pensions to me wudnt buy you a bag of dogshite when/if im 75 years old.... and amongst others ..I will be the first one to put my size 9 doc martens thru the tv screen in our house ....come the time ! sorry I don't want a lot of what others want !!! but don't have a probs with solar wind power etc !.....bring it on.!!
15 June 2013, 00:52,
(15 June 2013, 00:15)Steve Wrote: So, the iPhone7 might not work any more, and you won't be able to watch "Britain's Got Pop Star Talent" series 25, but peas will still grow, rain will fall, animals will breed.

That all depends on the scenario. Try a large volcanic event in Iceland. There is historical evidence for what happened last time there was a big one. You might have trouble growing peas of feeding animals then. TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
15 June 2013, 01:02,
looking out for my family comes first !!!! I cudnt give a flying Fuc@ if I never went to work again! you seemingly side with the I love what weve got now /technology preppers.....honestly..that aint me.....rivers in egypt !!?? you taking the piss ?meaning what ....also you cant say fact based when it comes to SHTF scenarios......its pure speculation.......no one knows .... ALSO thers shit loadsa coal in the north east to pick off the surface or the beaches.....Thatcher fucked us over BIG STYLE........im guessing you don't have a working class background ? oh no !! ive inadvertently strayed into politics....when its EXO-politics we shud be thinking about !!! bye.!
15 June 2013, 01:49,
RW, is it possible that you might just be a wee bit annoyed tonight? Smile

15 June 2013, 02:14,
morning GG ! no not annoyed ...just my usual "censored " self mate.....I loves the whole world I do !!! even if its the "matrix " Wink
15 June 2013, 05:58, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 06:10 by Prepper1.)
If you'd been here long enough John, you'd realize most on here know about the brutality and violence that awaits post shtf.
Its an inescapable fact, we all know its coming and that were going to have to fight tooth and nail for years just to stay alive, never mind rebuild society, that particular thing id way down the list we've all discussed it to the point of fisticuffs......

We've had new members here leave when you talk about the brutal truth of how its going to be, look at selcos blog, read about syria and other war zones and you wont be far off the mark, they cant handle the true cold facts of what awaits them in the new world, its all la la la and fingers in the ears....

All those pathetic little gangs now, will run riot after an event, society will struggle to restructure itself, if you survive the restructuring you'll be lucky or well armed.

Anything like rebuilding infrastructure is/will be years, generation down the line, depending on the event.

that's if there's anything left to rebuild, again look at selcos blog, look at what was left of houses, factories after the war after everything useful was stripped out. you'd have to replace all the manufactured bits people had robbed out.

If any major sort of event happens, government will hide and wait it out, and let the rif raf sort it out, then come out and try and start to regain control, that's when more fighting will happen, because who'll need them then? after they managed to survive for so long without?

There'll be little army and police after an event, again read selcos blog, they were the ones to watch out for because they formed armed gangs...

Selco snd the guy in argentina, ferfal are the closest we get to collapse events for now.
But again they're fairly civilised events, for example with selco in a war zone side a fights side b with a little random violence spread about.
If there was no side a and side b and everybody was free to fight everybody else and whoever they wanted,for whatever reason they wanted, things would be different.

Natural selection, only the best hidden, or strongest, or best armed would survive.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
15 June 2013, 08:40,
I go on the premise if anything can go wrong it will go wrong, and that includes NO electricity, I am prepping for an agricultural/horticultural lifestyle post shtf, I reckon if we prepare for the worst we've got all bases covered, if the event isn't that calamitous then we're laughing!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 16:19,
Coming late to the debate but here's my 2p worth.

I don't want to enter the debate re lone wolf v groups etc. I understand the debate and I have made my choices.

At the risk of repeating what others have said ........

I am not convinced of a total collapse immediately unless we have a nuclear or Chem Bio war situation and the middle east looks a bit of a nightmare but in those cases (almost) all bets are off.

I dont think it will be a stone-age situation but it will be more like Heath Robinson crossed with Mother earth. I'm more inclined to Heath Robinson (see Wood/Gas fired cars)

Security -- depends - timings are also important. If looting occurs in the cities and the hoodies start roaming then IMHO they have to be killed. Otherwise they will return with others. My analysis is that the urban pondlife will start reaching the surburbs in about 5-7 days and the countryside in 7 - 10 days.

If food and water are depleted then .... water? Covered elsewhere -- make sure you have filters.

Food - well I've got my stock in - however, even though I'm a Great cook, I really don't want to have to think too much about these things. I haven't gone the freeze dried mountan house route but 6 months - 1 year would at least take the pressure off and I can concentrate on other pieces of infrastructure like heating, medical etc etc. If I have to concentrate on Food alone, that can take up all my time and in a post TU situation, I don't have it.

Communications? Sorry NR but although the power MAY be there to drive cold-war comms, the cold-war comms aint there any more. HMG has run them down and virtually ALL critical comms to my knowledge are based upon selected prople and groups receiving special SIMS cards which will be the only ones working (probably)

In order to lighten the load on comms...

Paddy finds Seamus talking to an empty envelope.
"WTF are you doing?"
"It's Voicemail innit"

X

Food --