Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clothes reccomendations.
15 June 2013, 11:55,
Wink  Clothes reccomendations.
Hey guys me and my friend have just discovered we love being out in the forests, hunting, just surviving of nothing really kind of a weird hobby if you ask me! Right now all I use to go out is the real camo trousers and top + jacket with some gloves, I want a whole new kit just for the woodlands, I have a rather low budget since I'm not working atm so please suggest if you can Smile

I do not have a set budget and I know a low budget isn't that low to some people so below £200 if possible, I don't mind spending a bit more Smile

Thanks for all the help given!
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 11:58,
RE: Clothes reccomendations.
if you have time on your hands , charity shops , car boots always the cheapest .
good luck
happy hunting
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 June 2013, 11:59,
Hi Sunna thanks for your post, what should I be on the lookout for? Any makes or just comfortable but sturdy clothing?
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 12:05,
thats down to you, check out good names in camping shops , survival web sites ect then just keep your eyes open .
my daughter loves doing this and regularly picks up high class , top name gear for peanuts .
it becomes a very addictive hobby quickly
15 June 2013, 12:10,
(15 June 2013, 12:05)Sunna Wrote: thats down to you, check out good names in camping shops , survival web sites ect then just keep your eyes open .
my daughter loves doing this and regularly picks up high class , top name gear for peanuts .
it becomes a very addictive hobby quickly

Alright then! Thanks for the helpful advice Smile
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 12:13,
Ebay!!!

army surplus gear can be quite effective, i got a parka from http://www.sids-surplus.co.uk/ that really kept me warm during a mock bug out last weekend!

as for boots, i'd wholly reccomend Magnum Panther boots, very comfy, not 100% waterproof, but mine dried out nicely next to the campfire overnight.

dont bother with brand name camos, in my experience they aint worth it.

search ebay, you can get magnum panther boots on ebay for half the price of a high street shop. they really are good, even have a wander up your local high street and try boots on, you HAVE to look after your feet out and about!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 12:16,
(15 June 2013, 12:13)Binnie Wrote: Ebay!!!

army surplus gear can be quite effective, i got a parka from http://www.sids-surplus.co.uk/ that really kept me warm during a mock bug out last weekend!

as for boots, i'd wholly reccomend Magnum Panther boots, very comfy, not 100% waterproof, but mine dried out nicely next to the campfire overnight.

dont bother with brand name camos, in my experience they aint worth it.

search ebay, you can get magnum panther boots on ebay for half the price of a high street shop. they really are good, even have a wander up your local high street and try boots on, you HAVE to look after your feet out and about!
Thanks for your post Binnie! I was looking for some decent boots I bought a pair of hiking boots and the grip came of in the first day... Terrible, yeah people don't realize the dangers of feet! I've seen it myself that's why I'm always bringing extra socks wet dirty feet is horrible!
Winning is not enough
15 June 2013, 20:05,
best boots , building site type cheap waterproof long lasting tough as old boots Tongue
should get a good pair for £35ish.
15 June 2013, 22:40,
What have you got in regards to waterproofs? Highly recommended!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 June 2013, 11:38,
(15 June 2013, 20:05)Sunna Wrote: best boots , building site type cheap waterproof long lasting tough as old boots Tongue
should get a good pair for £35ish.
Yeah I knew that, people are recommending magnums and I can pick up a pair for £40 so that's decent Smile
(15 June 2013, 22:40)Scythe13 Wrote: What have you got in regards to waterproofs? Highly recommended!
Well I do have waterproofs, but I'd rather just have a whole kit for when I go and I don't use them for anything else I like to be organized, any you recommend? Smile
Winning is not enough