Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mousetraps.
16 June 2013, 14:51,
RE: mousetraps.
one of mine has disappeared!!! wife put it out in the sun room where mice have been, didn't think she needed to tie it off, went to look this morning..its completely vanished not a sign of it!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2013, 18:14,
I can just picture the trap, galloping off across the fields - with a live body (of something) attached... Big Grin

16 June 2013, 23:49,
(16 June 2013, 14:51)bigpaul Wrote: one of mine has disappeared!!! wife put it out in the sun room where mice have been, didn't think she needed to tie it off, went to look this morning..its completely vanished not a sign of it!!Big Grin

I'll teach you one of my rules in our house...I think you'll like it.

I have no BOB. There is NO CONTENSE. The bag does not exist, nor does any of the items in the bag. If you want something that you believe may be in a BOB, go and buy it!!! This bag does not exist until it is life or death. Once something goes into the bag, it is written off as having never existed.

Going camping and the stove doesn't work? Tough luck! Go buy a new one! The one in the bag no longer exists! Need a pair of pliars, or glow stick? Go to the tool box or PoundLand! Want some medical supplies? Check the draw in the kitchen! Your lighter doesn't work and you want to start a fire? Need spare batteries? Need to go to the store then!

It's a rule that guarantees that your equipment will be there when you need it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 June 2013, 10:42, (This post was last modified: 17 June 2013, 11:01 by bigpaul.)
I have a simpler rule: "buy it when you SEE it", if you wait until you NEED it, its probably all ready too late!Tongue

(16 June 2013, 18:14)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: I can just picture the trap, galloping off across the fields - with a live body (of something) attached... Big Grin

yeah, I can just imagine it, a bit like "Mr Bean" and THAT chicken!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 15:28,
(16 June 2013, 14:47)Hex Wrote: Is it worth considering humane mouse traps at all? food stays fresher for longer if it's alive Smile

Not to mention the skins are undamaged and much easier to tan.
17 June 2013, 15:35,
I don't think what you'll find in mouse traps is worth skinning or tanning!Big Grin
17 June 2013, 20:10,
One of my bosses who's since retired (a sad loss) made a mouse trap that used .38 blanks in a 2 inch home made barrel with a charge of no.6 shot,a very very strange guy.
When i first started working there i went to see him to help him move a cooker.He opened the door with an un buttoned cammo shirt a rolllie in his mouth and a crossman .177 co2 pistol shoved in the waist band of his pants,i thought "yeah you'll do for me",a cracking old school bloke and a brilliant boss, but a tad unhingedBig Grin
18 June 2013, 02:15,
(17 June 2013, 15:35)bigpaul Wrote: I don't think what you'll find in mouse traps is worth skinning or tanning!Big Grin

Ah but that depends how many you have lol
Winter is coming
18 June 2013, 16:51,
(18 June 2013, 02:15)Hex Wrote:
(17 June 2013, 15:35)bigpaul Wrote: I don't think what you'll find in mouse traps is worth skinning or tanning!Big Grin

Ah but that depends how many you have lol

I shot a mouse once with a 22 air rifle! the only thing that was left was a blood streak up the wall..nothing else!Tongue