Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
security for the modern home
16 June 2013, 11:13,
RE: security for the modern home
you could get some of those steel sheets the council uses over empty houses or my favourite is weldmesh sheets..(its a barrier but you can still see out)..both systems could be pre drilled ready for use with all the holes and anything else needed done, but put aside in the garage or garden shed until such time as it is needed.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2013, 11:27,
very good idea, plus people might think nobody homeIdea
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 June 2013, 16:30,
I have had wood cut to board my lower front windows, screw holes predrilled and lightly filled & painted, paint the panels white and fix over the nets it hardly shows from outside, it is cheap plus the wood can always be used for something else if required. I do not think you can get burgular bars here in U.K, never seen them but it i a thought but not cheap to be made and probably useless if you ever move. Fake metal bars (thin metal tube or paint wood poles silver)might deter as from outside it looks for real but useless if someone tried. To cover yourself for present times i would consider an alarm too, you can get a stand alone PIR unit for around £20, again it is something you can take with you if you ever move. Are other ideas but as you rent not practicle and would depend on your landlord plus no point in spending alot on someone elses house . Hope that has helped , happy Prepping !
Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you.