Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slingshots/Catapults?
16 June 2013, 15:26, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2013, 15:37 by Hex.)
RE: Slingshots/Catapults?
I love my slingshot Smile picked it up a couple of weeks ago. carry it in my bag most days and a packet of mint imperials (they dissolve in rain leaving little to no trace and they're cheap), actually starting to get a bit more accurate with it now but haven't tried taking any game with it yet.

(And I wouldn't use mint imperialism if I did lol)

*imperials

Stupid auto correct
Winter is coming
16 June 2013, 15:41,
I've never heard of using mint imperials..very strange! I use marbles.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2013, 16:36,
I have a catapult, but I am not very good at it,... I keep meaning to try out BPs adaption and try a couple of arrows,.. maybe I will be better with that
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 June 2013, 16:45,
Dave Canterbury made one on youtube but using rubber bands, he had to remove the elastic first to put them on, I thought sod that, i'll use cable ties, I've got one catapult I can use normally, the other I can use as a slingbow, the only advantage of using rubber bands is you can slide them down to use as a normal catapult so you only need one, I've got several...heck their cheap enough on fleabay!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2013, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2013, 17:47 by Hex.)
(16 June 2013, 15:41)bigpaul Wrote: I've never heard of using mint imperials..very strange! I use marbles.

Like I said, they dissolve and leave hardly any trace Smile

Also a bag of mints is cheaper than a bag of marbles lol Smile
Winter is coming
16 June 2013, 17:49,
(16 June 2013, 17:45)Hex Wrote:
(16 June 2013, 15:41)bigpaul Wrote: I've never heard of using mint imperials..very strange! I use marbles.

Like I said, they dissolve and leave hardly any trace Smile

Also a bag of mints is cheaper than a bag of marbles lol Smile

big bag of marbles in the local weekly market £1.50 I know mints are cheaper but I like marbles!Tongue
16 June 2013, 19:41,
If you keep a catapult in our preps remember that the life span of the latex is only about 6 months due to decomposition.

Ozone in the exhaust fumes gets too them as do the UV rays in sun light.

I have one hanging useless on the wall of the shop right now. I have also seen whole rolls of the rubber tubing rot away on the shelf at the local hardware store.
16 June 2013, 20:09, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2013, 20:31 by Prepper1.)
Anybody got one of the old slings?
the ones that one end is attached around your wrist or finger and you swing it around, there very accurate apparently.

Some guy from Israel is the Israeli olympic slingshot champion and on the program ancient weapons they did a review and they were mint!!

Plus no rubber to rot...

SORRY BALAERIC ISLANDS CHAMPION NOT ISRAELI< WHOOPS HOPE HE@S NOT READING THIS>>>>
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
16 June 2013, 23:38,
Acorns make good practice ammo. Put a few tin cans in a bush and practice lifting, drawing and firing the catapault in one motion. It's surprising how quickly you will improve.
17 June 2013, 00:56,
might have to have a go at making a sling now Big Grin
Winter is coming