Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone hunting with dogs?
17 June 2013, 11:59,
Anyone hunting with dogs?
So any of you people hunting with dogs? If so what dogs have you got? And how do you like it?

I'd probably prefer hunting them solo because it's actually you doing the work, but I'd still enjoy it with dogs I think atleast... Was thinking about getting a pup and training it Tongue

Discussion?
Winning is not enough
17 June 2013, 12:03,
RE: Anyone hunting with dogs?
(17 June 2013, 11:59)Holy Herb Wrote: So any of you people hunting with dogs? If so what dogs have you got? And how do you like it?

I'd probably prefer hunting them solo because it's actually you doing the work, but I'd still enjoy it with dogs I think atleast... Was thinking about getting a pup and training it Tongue

Discussion?

Not anymore, as it might be illegal now, and you would be wise not to admit the fact on a public forum.
17 June 2013, 12:04,
Hunting with dogs is illegal but you can train them up. Like hunting with bows and a million other things.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 June 2013, 12:05,
I didn't say which training I'd do did I Tongue I could of meant toilet training 8D

Okay so anyone that previously hunted with dogs?
Winning is not enough
17 June 2013, 12:08,
Good man, loose lips and all thatBig Grin
17 June 2013, 12:15,
I dont hunt with dogs,.. but I think I could soon be if I wanted it,... I have three German Shepherds, and I walk them on the hill most days, most days we see deer, and when we do, I control them and keep the close,... they would dearly like to chase, but they are trained well enough to do as they are told.

If I was to find the need to hunt with them, it wouldn't just be a case of letting them go, because although my dogs are fit, they wouldn't be able to catch a fleet of foot deer, hunting dogs use tactics that domestic dogs dont know about

.... but having said that I would choose a place where a deer would be restricted in its escape routes, against the forestry fences is an obvious place, then they would catch it,... so after the shtf its a possibility,... but only a possibility as stags are not defenseless, they will turn and I would risk the dogs on a stag
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 June 2013, 12:16,
Holy, Of course I meant train them with potty's. You could even go further and traing them to follow scent like they do on the fox hunting replacement schemes.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 June 2013, 12:27,
Maybe I'd train them to hunt deer then they'd just find them and I'd take pictures because I'm an animal lover? c:
Winning is not enough
17 June 2013, 12:36,
Some hunters actually do that. I'll be interested in the training techniques for the dogs. Do you have special cameras for them?
Skean Dhude
17 June 2013, 12:49, (This post was last modified: 17 June 2013, 13:21 by bigpaul.)
i'd like to.

post shtf I intend to "acquire" a few dogs for guard duties, if I can get a greyhound or a whippet maybe I can use them for hunting...may have to train them first though!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.