Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOUR ACTIONS ON (IA,s)
19 June 2013, 00:45,
RE: YOUR ACTIONS ON (IA,s)
First off, if this is a complete financial shut down/collapse, you need to consider inflation and the alike for your 'popping to the shops' ideas. First up, if hyperinflation has occurred, you have a 1% chance your money will buy a tin of beans! £1million for bread id the kind of thing hyperinflation can cause, so unless you have that lay around, think twice. It's smart to have cash reserves, but not in this scenario.

Next up, location plays a MAJOR factor in this. If you're city based, leaving the city is both smart and stupid. If there's a riot outside, you stay put, or make an ariel exit (I lived in Bedminster for a while and could travel quite a distance along the rooftops). If the riots are all around you, you've got to hunker down or get as safe as possible! You do have that map of the sewer system and a good breathing mask, right? Vics Vapour rub inside the mask will help hide the stink.

Next up, rural people. You need people checking your inroads! Is that mob heading your way? How will you know unless squirrels have radio channels? Set up community comms if possible.

What about food and water? Get more food, store more water....? Not on my plan list. My next plan of action is to hide all my food and water! I don't want rioters, plod, or military coming round to find their new store hold!!! Bags at the ready. Bare minimum on view. Ready to bug out asap! Weapons at hand at all times!

Roads may well be useless. Best bet, speak to the neighbours, if possible, use cars as barricade. Work on building a community group with your neighbours. Maybe a camping group pre-SHTF. That way yoh know everyone is equiped to bug out if need be.

Lastly, I'd get a regional map and radios, with a couple of neighbours around. Then map rioter and police movements. Their local knowledge may save your life. Then just plan and have everyone ready to move at a moment's notice.

For me, having the house fortified is awesome, but already derelict with nothing of value is even better. Get cached food and water when YOU NEED it. Not have it around everywhere then rush to hide it all when plod appears.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 June 2013, 10:37, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 10:42 by Spandex228.)
(18 June 2013, 19:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Sit back and get the kettle on whilst I watch the news and decide for myself what is going on.

NR (Secure doors, monitor real time news via internet and radio,Single earphone in one ear getting live streamed news, other ear clear for listening for local threats , ignore TV)

Wash shower shave and have plenty to eat, and make sure I am fully hydrated, do these whilst I can do and these are available.

NR ( Light snack probably fruit and energy bars plus coffee)thanks NR some very good points which is just what I was after

Check service and repack my BOB and check my EDC.

NR ( Add weapons and seasonal gear to BOB, move to near exit door, Put all EDC items on my person)

Review my plans to bug in/out

NR ( Leave plans alone and review options and intel reports)

Make sure my BOV is packed serviced fully fuelled ready to go.

NR (Ensure vehicle is topped off , pointing nose out and parked up out of sight, fire up every 90 minutes in in severe cold spell)

Go for a check up with the doctor and dentist make sure I am fully fit.

(Nup too risky for me unless suffering from something already)

See what I can still purchase from shops if they still have not been stripped bare and still open.

NR (Nup this comes under the unneccessary risk as almost everyone preppers, cops, authorities, sheeple and looters will be heading that way)

Prioritise checking, improving and increasing Prep’s (if possible) in order of the following priority, food, water, fuel, shelter, and medical/hygiene.

NR ( SECURITY then food, water, fuel, shelter, and medical/hygiene.)

Tits, I forgot to say that if the situation is getting quite bad I and I was part of the urban prepper community I would probably move the BOV to outside the city limits, some place nice and quiet wher I can park up the BOV, someplace i could reach from my house by foot or cycle in a couple of hours. ( something like in the CP or a Travel Lodge or Premier in or factory carpark,)

(19 June 2013, 10:37)Spandex228 Wrote:
(18 June 2013, 19:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Sit back and get the kettle on whilst I watch the news and decide for myself what is going on.

NR (Secure doors, monitor real time news via internet and radio,Single earphone in one ear getting live streamed news, other ear clear for listening for local threats , ignore TV)

Wash shower shave and have plenty to eat, and make sure I am fully hydrated, do these whilst I can do and these are available.

NR ( Light snack probably fruit and energy bars plus coffee)thanks NR some very good points which is just what I was after

Check service and repack my BOB and check my EDC.

NR ( Add weapons and seasonal gear to BOB, move to near exit door, Put all EDC items on my person)

Review my plans to bug in/out

NR ( Leave plans alone and review options and intel reports)

Make sure my BOV is packed serviced fully fuelled ready to go.

NR (Ensure vehicle is topped off , pointing nose out and parked up out of sight, fire up every 90 minutes in in severe cold spell)

Go for a check up with the doctor and dentist make sure I am fully fit.

(Nup too risky for me unless suffering from something already)

See what I can still purchase from shops if they still have not been stripped bare and still open.

NR (Nup this comes under the unneccessary risk as almost everyone preppers, cops, authorities, sheeple and looters will be heading that way)

Prioritise checking, improving and increasing Prep’s (if possible) in order of the following priority, food, water, fuel, shelter, and medical/hygiene.

NR ( SECURITY then food, water, fuel, shelter, and medical/hygiene.)

Tits, I forgot to say that if the situation is getting quite bad I and I was part of the urban prepper community I would probably move the BOV to outside the city limits, some place nice and quiet wher I can park up the BOV, someplace i could reach from my house by foot or cycle in a couple of hours. ( something like in the CP or a Travel Lodge or Premier in or factory carpark,)
Thanks just the sort of tips I was after
19 June 2013, 10:44,
You should have spent more time with your regiments recce troop istead of dossing around the sergeants mess Smile