Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE CASE FOR DIESEL ( Repost in response to SD comment)
20 June 2013, 10:45,
RE: THE CASE FOR DIESEL ( Repost in response to SD comment)
Fair point with which I agree, with anything valuable post SHTF you would have to take measures to ensure their safety, I believe shooting or hanging Horse thieves is still the proffered methodBig Grin.
20 June 2013, 10:48, (This post was last modified: 20 June 2013, 10:49 by bigpaul.)
(20 June 2013, 10:45)Tartar Horde Wrote: Fair point with which I agree, with anything valuable post SHTF you would have to take measures to ensure their safety, I believe shooting or hanging Horse thieves is still the proffered methodBig Grin.

i'm assuming a large die off so no one else around to look after them!

and I don't want all 50 just 1 or 3!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2013, 11:48,
I personally prefer donkeys as they are a bit more manageable and more sociable than horses, most riding horses seem to be a bit skittish to my mind, what I want is a pack animal or something to pull a trap or some kind of small cart-if I could find one of those..have seen some about.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2013, 13:25,
hitch up a wheelbarrow, or a flatbed type trolley from a b&q to the animal.

as long as the wheels dont swivel, just rotate, it will be fine.
20 June 2013, 13:30,
(20 June 2013, 13:25)Franc Wrote: hitch up a wheelbarrow, or a flatbed type trolley from a b&q to the animal.

as long as the wheels dont swivel, just rotate, it will be fine.

a flat bed trolley thingy would be useful, thanks franc.
20 June 2013, 13:33,
I have already trained my dogs to pull a cart, dogs have traditionally always been used to pull carts, and they are better guards that horses or donkeys
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 June 2013, 13:42,
not thinking of donkeys as guard animals HL purely as a dray animal.
11 July 2013, 16:17,
According to this detailed forum discussion it is relatively easy to turn waste plastic into something analogous to diesel

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-...eaply.html
11 July 2013, 20:19,
(19 June 2013, 15:11)Skean Dhude Wrote: Many diesel engines will also run of veg oil without modifications. It's only our low tolerance systems that are more fussy. Mr Diesel actually made his engine for rape oil.

mine is running on "crisp n dry" from asda this week, £4 for 4 litres.

I get an extra 5 litres per £20 over "pump" fuel
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
11 July 2013, 21:38,
(18 June 2013, 22:23)Steve Wrote: 200 litre red diesel barrels are available, no questions asked.

The only problem there is that you cannot refresh it like you can ordinary diesel. I have several gallons of red diesel. I can't use it in the car. The stasi are checking them everywhere and I can't use it anywhere else. So the best I can do is keep buying it. I'm much better sticking to the taxed stuff.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin