Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skinning the dog food... :)
19 June 2013, 22:57,
RE: Skinning the dog food... :)
(19 June 2013, 11:46)Highlander Wrote: We are not fans of Venison, we will both eat it, but in moderation, its a bit of a strong taste for us, so by feeding it to the dogs we save a lot of money for a little effort

HL, just a thought but you might try venison with lingonberries. Adds a bit of sweetness to counter the strength of the meat?

19 June 2013, 23:07,
Never heard of then GG, but I will look them up
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 June 2013, 23:44,
(19 June 2013, 23:07)Highlander Wrote: Never heard of then GG, but I will look them up

Delicious little beggars HL. First saw them in a Ray Mears prog he did in Sweden, smearing them on a HUGE trout and munching it with an old Swedish pal who turned up in an open canadian. Ring any bells?

If not, maybe this will - Ikea provide it with meatballs in their in-store cafes and sell the jam (that's the way you get it,) at a stall on the way out. It's cracking (I reckon,) with any sort of meat but would really cut the strength of venison.

If you try it, let us know... please?? (Would do myself but there aren't too many deer around these 'ere parts - unless you count old dears!) Big Grin

20 June 2013, 10:59,
GG,.. I have been looking up the Lingonberries, although I dont think I have seen them around here,.. I will double my efforts and see if I can find any,.... trouble is I will have to steel the dog food for our dinner...Smile

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=147521
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 June 2013, 12:54,
(20 June 2013, 10:59)Highlander Wrote: GG,.. I have been looking up the Lingonberries, although I dont think I have seen them around here,.. I will double my efforts and see if I can find any,.... trouble is I will have to steel the dog food for our dinner...Smile

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=147521

(Some cracking photos on there!)

I don't know enough about them to recognise them from that shot HL. Given the Scandinavian connection though, there's no reason I can think of that they shouldn't grow in the Highlands.

Looks like you may have to make a trip to the 'dreaded' Glasgow to visit Ikea! Smile I wonder if a jar or two would survive the postal system though? It might be possible for me to send you a couple....

20 June 2013, 13:01,
those are some great vids HL, they had me drooling. lingonberry preserve is lovely with meat, but so is redcurrant jelly and it's a lot easier to find if there's not an ikea about
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.