Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trapping rabbits with nothing :)
5 February 2014, 14:52,
RE: trapping rabbits with nothing :)
shooting them sounds like much more fun.
12 March 2017, 23:28,
The whole idea of this method is that you do it at night,you wait until the rabbits are at out in the field,so about 11 pm or later.
It also helps if the wind is blowing from the rabbits towards the warren.Sneak in and put very large bunches of hay,straw or clods of earth down the holes to arms length.Go out into the field and circle around the rabbits and drive them towards the warren.It helps to have a couple of dogs as some rabbits will lie doggo and refuse to run.
Alternatively two people with a rope dragged between them can drive in a fairly large field.
13 March 2017, 12:45,
I think someone taking the wee-wee.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2017, 14:45,
Load of bollocks again phil.
ATB
Harry
13 March 2017, 15:49,
I'm with HP on this one.

Using Jimmy Carter's canoe paddle is the long established method for beating down RABID ATTACK RABBITS!

But a catapult or .22 rifle is much easier.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
13 March 2017, 15:53,
For the benefit of those of you in UK who don't follow historical US political humour, I offer the following links as authentication:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/...s-2010.cnn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...1e5d3e6a6c

It was August 1979, and President Jimmy Carter was taking some time off before the 1980 campaign began in earnest. He was fishing on a lake near his home in Plains, Ga., when he was attacked by a killer rabbit.

That's the story that Jody Powell, Carter's press secretary, told the news media at the time. And even though many doubted Carter, the White House photographer, who happened to be there, snapped a picture showing the incident.

In 2015, Carter retold the story to Howard Kurtz.

“Wild rabbits … all of them know how to swim,” the former president explained. The rabbit, being chased by hounds, leapt into the water and began swimming toward his boat. Carter used a paddle to shoo the bunny away.

“There was nothing to it,” Carter told Kurtz. “When Jody told it, it became a very humorous and still lasting story. Lots of people that had tame bunny rabbits threw them in swimming pools and said their rabbits could swim, too.”

Here's what the actual incident looked like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6dF4yAgRs

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
14 March 2017, 10:39,
I know someone that does this. It is a valid no tool method and it clearly works. Not the easiest method but a genuine prepper bit of knowledge.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 March 2017, 18:03,
Would it not be easier to make cordage and then snares? ... if you know how to make cordage and snares that is
ATB
Harry
15 March 2017, 19:19,
You folks are fortunate that your rabbits live in communities and prefer underground tunnel systems.

Ours live solitary lives and prefer brushpiles, the occasional hollow log, and unkempt fence rows. There is no way one can plan an attack against a static rabbit heard.

If you do not have well trained dogs you must kick them up from the brush and snap shoot them before they dive into another bit of cover. It requires quick reaction time and an even shot spread.
15 March 2017, 22:38,
"Fortunate" MB? Not so for many parts of the UK where rabbits are little short of being a pest in the true sense, not far short of Rattus Rattus in many ways. I prefer Hare myself.
ATB
Harry