Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trapping rabbits with nothing :)
19 June 2013, 01:10, (This post was last modified: 19 June 2013, 01:11 by Hex.)
trapping rabbits with nothing :)
Ok I've never tried this one myself but I have no reason to doubt it.

Should you come across a group of bunnies out grazing, if you can avoid startling them and get to their burrows, stuff grass down the holes at around an arms depth until it's sufficiently blocked up. Repeat this at as many holes as you can/want to, move away a bit and give the bunnies a scare.

Their instinct it to run for home but because of the plug they can only go so far and will then sit there till they think it's safe. At this point you can just walk up and drag them back out Smile

Although I wouldn't really recommend doing this anywhere with particularly venomous snakes lol
Winter is coming
19 June 2013, 09:45,
RE: trapping rabbits with nothing :)
I suppose it sounds feasible, rabbits are pretty dumb. If anyone tries this please post how you got on. Smile
19 June 2013, 09:55,
how do you NOT startle a rabbit? blooming things run off at the slightest noise.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 June 2013, 10:26,
cool idea love to know if it works
Survive the jive (youtube )
30 January 2014, 22:24,
Haha I couldn't agree more.
31 January 2014, 21:16,
Probably the most ridiculous way of catching Rabbits I have ever heard of, and no doubt written by someone without any experience of trapping them. It did give me a good laugh though thanks HexSmile
31 January 2014, 21:59,
maybe be it will work ,might give it a go at the lakes TTH
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
31 January 2014, 22:16,
Most rabbits never stray far from their burrow (ie: you can measure the distance in feet) and so I would say the chances of you getting to the hole before them, assuming that they are out of the burrow is pretty remote!!
31 January 2014, 22:30,
I Don't fancy your chances there ... one of the most easily spooked creatures we have....they have to be cos there on such a lot of shit hot predators menu's
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
4 February 2014, 10:38,
Not sure about this one. We have a pet rabbit. lives in a hutch outside constantly. When spooked he will go and hide in a corner and as long as you can reach him you can grab him and get him back out. I think its possible that if you could block up their holes without startling them this method may work. The hard part as stated above is doing so without spooking them first.