Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trapping rabbits with nothing :)
16 March 2017, 06:35,
RE: trapping rabbits with nothing :)
You need to import some of our coyotes. They would wipe out your rabbit, quail and pheasant population in short order, kill your lambs and calves and the occasional yappie little dog right off the walker's leash.

It is really no bother, they are an invasive species all over the eastern US also. We would be happy to part with some of them.
16 March 2017, 16:55,
Yes, and the 'yotes will eradicate the feral cat population also, the Chinese restaurant here had to go out of business...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 March 2017, 17:06,
'yotes and raccoons are the reason I no longer keep chickens. It is impossible to free range chickens in my area.

I had a 'yote run through the garden, snatch a bird at full run and off the other side of the garden into the woods before I could even blink an eye.

Often I would put them up at night and find one short n the head count. Search about and find only a few feathers as evidence of the theft.

The raccoons would work at night and tunnel into the chicken house. It was a constant battle.

I averaged losing one a week.

I did develop some good night shooting techniques. Red dot optics are fantastic!
16 March 2017, 21:43,
MB I'm just wondering how far can a raccoon tunnel in a night?
A friend had a similar problem with a fox tunneling into their chicken run,so we laid some stock fencing flat on the ground O/S the run and pegging it down.
The fox gave up as it couldn't dig far enough without coming up under the pegged down netting.
16 March 2017, 21:46,
Raccoons will tear through ordinary chicken coop wire. Chainlink fencing is required.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
16 March 2017, 22:18,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdf7msJbtA

An option ?
ATB
Harry
16 March 2017, 22:27,
Raccoons will burrow under anything to get into the chicken coop. When putting chainlink around the coop recommended practice is to use a ditching machine did down 25-30cm, run the fencing to the bottom and then fill the bottom 10cm of the trench with concrete before backfilling so that the little buggers can't dig under the edge of the wire fencing to pull it up.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
12 June 2018, 12:46,
LOL, i wonder what the scene would be at the time of catching. MILLION $$ Idea.