Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just making a fresh batch of clotted cream
19 June 2013, 07:32,
Just making a fresh batch of clotted cream
Put a minimum of 2 pints of raw milk into a pan and leave in the fridge for 12 hrs to start the cream raising. Put the pan into a double pan of water a heat it (scalding) is a old term but do not boil the cream just heat it slowly for an hour, then remove it from the heat to cool when cool enough put it back in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hrs. Remove the cream with a wide blade knife into a suitable container and store in the fridge until needed.

Directions for use spread THICK on scones or any dessert.
Failure is NOT an option
19 June 2013, 10:00,
RE: Just making a fresh batch of clotted cream
Dude, I've had 2 sausage rolls in the last 48 hours, and you go and post this!?

Bugger, that's it, I'm off the tescos for some grub!

When you say raw milk, I presume that's unpasteurised? Where do you get it?

I've tried loads of places, but it's hard to source. Although I think one of the farms down the road is a dairy one, so that may be worth investigating.
19 June 2013, 10:44,
Sorry about that breadyman. Yes straight from the cow, I joined a smallholders group from which what I can't grow or farm myself I get fresh from these smallholders cheap 2 gallons of milk £4. Any veg or fruit they let me dig or pick, as for the milk, the cows were milked at 6 in the morning I picked up 2 gallons at 9. The milk is raw and untreated its lovely packed with goodness.
Failure is NOT an option
19 June 2013, 10:53,
good job uks! Like I say, raw milk is very difficult to source. Not just over here I note, the yanks are having the same issue (state dependant I think)

Definitely going to try the local dairy farm (if that's what it is) and see how I get on.

mmmmmmmmm, milk.