Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trading my handmade knives
19 June 2013, 21:30,
trading my handmade knives
Money is tight these days for everyone. I have some handmade knives which can be viewed at you tube northumbriman123 or Facebook northumbriman knives. I will sell them or trade them for items I need. If toy are interested in either option pm me
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
20 June 2013, 14:19,
RE: trading my handmade knives
enjoyed your vids, great skill
Survive the jive (youtube )
20 June 2013, 14:23,
youtube: "no results found".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2013, 14:28,
Ever thought about designing a prepper knife rather than those beautiful bushcraft knives??

20 June 2013, 14:46,
http://www.youtube.com/user/Northumbriman123
https://www.facebook.com/northumbriman.knives
sorry, for yet another link heavy post.
20 June 2013, 16:12,
(20 June 2013, 14:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ever thought about designing a prepper knife rather than those beautiful bushcraft knives??

If you have a design in mind I am happy to look at it. I have made a Chinese style cooking cleaver and a bread knife. I have also made a very short bladed utility knife for leather crafting. I am always looking at knew ideas. Saw a great one just yesterday where a fairly wide deep notch had been added to the spine of a knife to make lifting cooking pots out of the fire easy. So as I said if you have a specific idea I can probably make it.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
20 June 2013, 17:47,
Cor Blimey design my own knife eh, A preppers dream blade.

4 mm thick by 30mm deep, carbon steel, flat grind, semi clip point 2.5 inch blade, skelitised handle laced not bound in paracord, with slight nobbly bit on end of tang for breaking glass with, Leather or plastic sheath with spring loaded retainer so the blade can be mounted handle up or down. That sounds awfully like my CRKT Sting.

My be interesting to have a competition among the group to design the ideal prepper blade ??

20 June 2013, 18:03,
A design comp is cool but the issue is that everyone had their own specific requirements. What I like and want in a knife will be totally wrong for someone else. That's why I am happy to make to order.
20 June 2013, 18:28,
i'm kinda partial to either a ww2 issue trench knife, one of the ones that combines a blade, knuckle duster, and spike on the pommel, for close combat.
or a medieval knife, where the tang gets folded back to the blade, instead of a handle
both are the kind of thing that can be made, or repaired easily after the end, by a blacksmith.

For now ill just stick to my mulay fury hunting knife, and my folding knife fork spoon set.
http://galbak0.tumblr.com/post/53449483150
20 June 2013, 18:40,
how about a "Survival" knife sort of cross between a bowie knife and a british army WW2 combat knife??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.