Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trading my handmade knives
20 June 2013, 19:20,
RE: trading my handmade knives
I'm a fan of boot knives myself from the likes of the Gerber guardian to the wonderous AG Russell Sting 1A.

20 June 2013, 19:35,
(20 June 2013, 19:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'm a fan of boot knives myself from the likes of the Gerber guardian to the wonderous AG Russell Sting 1A.

I have made one. Is not been put on the web sites yet but it's a light weight stainless steel one piece with nylon wrapped handle. The sheath is chordura with Velcro ankle/arm fastening straps.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
20 June 2013, 19:54,
(20 June 2013, 19:35)Northumbriman Wrote:
(20 June 2013, 19:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: I'm a fan of boot knives myself from the likes of the Gerber guardian to the wonderous AG Russell Sting 1A.

I have made one. Is not been put on the web sites yet but it's a light weight stainless steel one piece with nylon wrapped handle. The sheath is chordura with Velcro ankle/arm fastening straps.

Sounds really pucka.

20 June 2013, 20:00,
Almost anything is possible. If you can draw it with dimensions I can probably make it.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
20 June 2013, 20:13,
Its a pity your not doing a stand at the Wilderness Gathering in August, its loaded with knife collectors, dunno if it would be economic though??

20 June 2013, 20:25,
I am way off that level at the moment. Still learning and acquiring equipment. Working on the finish etc. One day though!
20 June 2013, 21:24,
Well I look forward to the day you become a brand name Smile

6 July 2013, 20:31,
If anyone has a spare basha tarp and wants to trade for a knife let me know.
19 October 2013, 11:22,
(20 June 2013, 18:28)Franc Wrote: i'm kinda partial to either a ww2 issue trench knife, one of the ones that combines a blade, knuckle duster, and spike on the pommel, for close combat.
or a medieval knife, where the tang gets folded back to the blade, instead of a handle
both are the kind of thing that can be made, or repaired easily after the end, by a blacksmith.

For now ill just stick to my mulay fury hunting knife, and my folding knife fork spoon set.
http://galbak0.tumblr.com/post/53449483150
Those a nice these are like gold dust to find
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
19 October 2013, 16:47,
Maing me think here. A longer blade, like a short sword, a knuckle duster with spikes on the knuckles and a shield around the hand.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin