Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nutria / Coypu after TSHTF
20 June 2013, 23:40,
RE: Nutria / Coypu after TSHTF
hhhhmmmmm........wonder how they taste Big Grin and a lot more meat than a rat Big Grin lol
Winter is coming
21 June 2013, 20:14,
I hadn't though of eating them but they're to be a lot easier to deal with than some of the things I've though about eating.

The more I read about the wildlife in Britain the more I come to the conclusion there should be plenty of meat about after a collapse for those with the tools and skills
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
21 June 2013, 20:18,
I've seen coypu up close and in the flesh. They are not things you want to tangle with. I think some people have actually eaten them - the teeth would put me off a bit.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
21 June 2013, 21:00,
i have tried once tinned nutrias meat about 30 years ago. not much difference with tinned pork. more tender than pigs or rabbits meat.
in russia you can buy quality nutria meat for under 20€ for kilo.

important thing, you have to cut off the fat tissue from the animals withers before storing or cooking, it has nasty smell and taste.
22 June 2013, 11:53,
big barstard

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fea...odent.html
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 June 2013, 15:39,
I watched a programme the other day called rat b*stards and these things are really nasty critters !
22 June 2013, 16:32,
(22 June 2013, 15:39)Mosstrooper Wrote: I watched a programme the other day called rat b*stards and these things are really nasty critters !

They're only nasty if they're wearing bullet-proof vests... Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!