Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emphasis & Priority of Own Prep vehicle
23 June 2013, 21:11,
RE: Emphasis & Priority of Own Prep vehicle
And that's what I would do also NR its plain common sense, I would add I would be in NO hurry venture out and about over 1 mile radius of my place , after all that's what killed the cat, twill be dangerous enough .....stay low and well hidden
23 June 2013, 21:12,
The link below are very popular up here, every estate has many of them, they will go anywhere including swimming, they can tow and carry a far bit of wieght, they can also be fitted with tracks very easily,.. although they are not very fast, but could make a good alternative

The problem of noise you talk about is one of many reasons we will not use our 4x4 even though our roads are likely to be clear atshtf, I plan to drive it into the gate post at the need of our drive and leave the doors open, hopefully it will add to the emptiness of the place,.. we can use it later if need be, but I intend to use a Quad as a main means of transport

http://www.argocat.com/argofrontier6x6.html
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 June 2013, 21:24,
Nice bit of kit HL , BUT the noise thing (where I live) would be defeating the object of my particular plan .....but hey if I was up by you , I would go with that no problem ....as you described the area in detail in another thread, a ak47 platform would be nice for bracken though ....just a thot
23 June 2013, 21:28, (This post was last modified: 23 June 2013, 21:30 by NorthernRaider.)
(23 June 2013, 21:11)Straight Shooter Wrote: And that's what I would do also NR its plain common sense, I would add I would be in NO hurry venture out and about over 1 mile radius of my place , after all that's what killed the cat, twill be dangerous enough .....stay low and well hidden

It may be common sense but its cowardice and self preservation that drives me Smile in a world without technology he who lives in harmony with the environment has the upper hand!!

I also believe firmly that the guy in hiding with the silent bow has the edge on the intruder with a rifle so long as he remains silent and undetected.

23 June 2013, 21:48,
Exactly NR ........I am a coward also by the way , but I also have a bow to.
24 June 2013, 08:19,
@HL

Thats a really nice piece of kit. Girl could have some serious fun with one of those babes. Any ideas how much they are?

X
24 June 2013, 08:46,
Hey isnt the Argo the vehicle Fleagle used to drive in BANANA SPLITS ???, Tra la la,Tral la la lar

24 June 2013, 12:29,
(24 June 2013, 08:19)River Song Wrote: @HL

Thats a really nice piece of kit. Girl could have some serious fun with one of those babes. Any ideas how much they are?

X

River, the Argo comes in 6 wheel and 8 wheel drive, and new 8 x 8 will cost you about £3,000 and 6x6 a bit less,... but like most vehicles second hand models are always available, and you could get hold of a 6x6 for a few hundred pounds,... it depends on condition, but you wont find a rusty body because they are plastic

This is one of the best videos that I have seen that shows ALL the abilities of the Argo, put up against two of its main rivals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_J2AkMpwWk
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 June 2013, 21:28,
Please, guys, as someone experienced with horses, may I just suggest that you get some practice in handling and riding BEFORE the event. I can't count the number of times I've watched complete beginners on their first riding lesson and been convulsed with laughter at some of their difficulties. It's not all Lone Ranger and Tonto you know - riding horses is serious stuff!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 June 2013, 21:37,
How I know ......you speak truth kimosabbie.