Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD, please ban...
23 June 2013, 17:57,
SD, please ban...
... the bot from G*ogle which searches the forum. No need to tell the bastids ALL we know!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
23 June 2013, 18:12,
RE: SD, please ban...
But its NECCESSARY so your gummint can help spy on you incase your a terrorist?? Remember your nations own old elder statesman

" Neccessity is the first excuse of tyrants"
23 June 2013, 19:10,
Jonas, As soon as I work out how to do that I will.

Makes no sense to trawl a forum anyway.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 June 2013, 19:49,
How many people found this site via google? If you block google from searching it, won't it stop potential new members finding it?
23 June 2013, 21:07,
It will still be visible as the main site is searchable via Google but forums threads are notorious for taking people down the wrong paths.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 June 2013, 05:25,
Using meta tags to block access to your site

To entirely prevent a page's contents from being listed in the Google web index even if other sites link to it, use a noindex meta tag. As long as Googlebot fetches the page, it will see the noindex meta tag and prevent that page from showing up in the web index.
The noindex meta standard is useful if you don't have root access to your server, as it allows you to control access to your site on a page-by-page basis.

To prevent all robots from indexing a page on your site, place the following meta tag into the <head> section of your page:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">
To allow other robots to index the page on your site, preventing only Google's robots from indexing the page:

<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">
When we see the noindex meta tag on a page, Google will completely drop the page from our search results, even if other pages link to it. Other search engines, however, may interpret this directive differently. As a result, a link to the page can still appear in their search results.

taken from http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin...swer=93710
6 July 2013, 03:31,
You really think you can hide?
6 July 2013, 10:46,
(6 July 2013, 03:31)Mortblanc Wrote: You really think you can hide?

In the so called civilised world you can't Mortblanc, but there are many places on this planet where you can drop off the radar away from the eyes of babylon.
6 July 2013, 11:00,
I've a Robots add in I use.I just gave the robots no access to the site. They see the main site and the blurb but that is it.
Skean Dhude