Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK so what NEW skills are you hoping to pick up this year?
24 June 2013, 23:25,
RE: OK so what NEW skills are you hoping to pick up this year?
Merc? Is that what it is? I thought that sign on the front was Ban The Bomb...Big Grin

25 June 2013, 06:46,
(24 June 2013, 22:11)River Song Wrote: Car repair

I can help a little with that!

http://www.autoshop101.com/ is a great site, i've actually got these as books from a long time ago, there is a LOT of fundementals in there, all the "fundementals" articles are well worth a read,

Don't bother with haynes manuals, they are idiots guides on how to do specific tasks, and not really worth the paper they are written on if you know the basics about brakes, suspension, steering etc

I'm hoping to get on an advanced first aid course this year, hopefully defib too.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
25 June 2013, 11:01,
a couple of my friends are getting a hive next year so the three of us are doing a beginners bee keeping course this September so I can help out with the hive if they have to go away for a time in exchange for a share of the honey for another batch of mead.

I'll also be doing more jam and pickle making as well as bottling some fruit for the first time. I'd like to try cold smoking some fish when it cools down as well.

The OH and myself are trying to learn some herbalism this year. And I need to make some more time to practice making fire this year as I'm still pretty poor at it.

And the container garden is a learning exercise itself.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
25 June 2013, 11:09,
PF that sounds like a beginnings of a series of info articles ???

25 June 2013, 11:25,
(25 June 2013, 11:01)preservefreak Wrote: a couple of my friends are getting a hive next year so the three of us are doing a beginners bee keeping course

Score one up for the bees too - they need it! Nice one PF...Smile

25 June 2013, 11:35,
(25 June 2013, 11:09)NorthernRaider Wrote: PF that sounds like a beginnings of a series of info articles ???

Is there not a bee keeping article on the main site? I'm happy to pass on what I learnt.

(25 June 2013, 11:25)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: Score one up for the bees too - they need it! Nice one PF...Smile

they do need the help, poor buggers. I would love a hive my self but can't have one at this house, but I am on a waiting list for a swarm for 9 years time. So I've got a little time to find space for them ^^

It's something I've wanted to do for years so I couldn't say no fast enough when my friends offered.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
26 June 2013, 09:56,
I want to improve my gardening skills and replace my beds with poly tunnels as for the last couple of years the growing season has been bollocks.
26 June 2013, 10:17,
Hey TH if you want to learn how to grow acres of green and brown slimey moss I'm your man !!!!