Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK so what NEW skills are you hoping to pick up this year?
24 June 2013, 16:33,
RE: OK so what NEW skills are you hoping to pick up this year?
For me it's storing food, buying basic kit, growing potatoes and archery.
24 June 2013, 16:54, (This post was last modified: 24 June 2013, 16:56 by Grumpy Grandpa.)
My first skills priority has to be archery. Stuck as I am, I need defensive/offensive capability and archery, as I see it, has to be my best option.

My youngest granddaughter was just asking about trying it (she had an attempt at a show not long ago and scored better than her dad!!) so I have the best reason in the world... Smile

Other than that, we'll be moving house soon and then some degree of gardening (whatever I can manage,) will be next on the list, followed by preserving.

(If I'm lucky enough to actually grow something...)

24 June 2013, 17:00,
(24 June 2013, 16:54)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: My first skills priority has to be archery. Stuck as I am, I need defensive/offensive capability and archery, as I see it, has to be my best option.

My youngest granddaughter was just asking about trying it (she had an attempt at a show not long ago and scored better than her dad!!) so I have the best reason in the world... Smile

Other than that, we'll be moving house soon and then some degree of gardening (whatever I can manage,) will be next on the list, followed by preserving.

(If I'm lucky enough to actually grow something...)

GG Maybe this will help
http://www.archerygb.org/archery/big_weekend.php

24 June 2013, 20:07,
Thanks for that NR. Nearest venue is a wee bit far but I've sussed a local club in my hometown...

24 June 2013, 21:18,
When I master the copy of pics to paste on here GG will post you pic of raised beds I made this year could be handy for you pal.
24 June 2013, 22:11,
Car repair
24 June 2013, 22:26,
(24 June 2013, 21:18)Straight Shooter Wrote: When I master the copy of pics to paste on here GG will post you pic of raised beds I made this year could be handy for you pal.

Thanks SS. I'd really appreciate that.

I was already thinking it would have to go that way, so I can reach from my chair. (It's my spine that's damaged so bending's a no-no.) I reckon I'm going to have to collect a helluva lot of rubble though, to bring them up to a working height (and have a landlord that's okay with that... Smile)

Another thought - going to need a trailer to fit on the back of the chair, to haul rubble, soil, etc...

24 June 2013, 22:29,
This would be great for you GG,..I would think

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GARDEN-HEA...2c6dc7ad4b
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 June 2013, 22:35,
(24 June 2013, 22:29)Highlander Wrote: This would be great for you GG,..I would think

I could replace that handle with a bar with a towing eye, to fit the hook I also haven't got yet - then I'd only need 50 quid (I think I might have the other £4.95) and I'd be good to go! Big Grin

Seriously though, it does look workable...

24 June 2013, 22:52,
(24 June 2013, 22:35)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(24 June 2013, 22:29)Highlander Wrote: This would be great for you GG,..I would think

I could replace that handle with a bar with a towing eye, to fit the hook I also haven't got yet - then I'd only need 50 quid (I think I might have the other £4.95) and I'd be good to go! Big Grin

Seriously though, it does look workable...

Yes, I saw the price tag, but I do have a similar one that doesn't tip, they are quiet good quality, use pneumatic tyres so manage rough ground easily, and is a good size for your Merc
A major part of survival is invisibility.