Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you CANNOT make your own arrows at home, how many?
24 June 2013, 11:25,
If you CANNOT make your own arrows at home, how many?
If like a few of us are unable or unwilling to make your own arrows at home, how many arrows would you consider a sensible stockpile to last say approximately 3 years.

24 June 2013, 11:32,
RE: If you CANNOT make your own arrows at home, how many?
Thats a hard question to answer, it depends on so many different things,...I do hope to make a few myself, although I haven't tried it yet, but I wouldn't be happy unless I could get hold of about 75 - 100,.. based on a kill about every two weeks, and hoping that I dont break any I miss with and can retrieve most of the ones I kill with,.... but wither I could afford that many [ along with everything else] is another matter

If I was an expert, I could probably make do with about 30-50...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 June 2013, 11:37,
(24 June 2013, 11:32)Highlander Wrote: Thats a hard question to answer, it depends on so many different things,...I do hope to make a few myself, although I haven't tried it yet, but I wouldn't be happy unless I could get hold of about 75 - 100,.. based on a kill about every two weeks, and hoping that I dont break any I miss with and can retrieve most of the ones I kill with,.... but wither I could afford that many [ along with everything else] is another matter

If I was an expert, I could probably make do with about 30-50...Smile
I reckon that's a good estimate Highlander. I keep two dozen made up and around fifty bare shafts ready to be made as and when I lose or break them.
24 June 2013, 11:57,
(24 June 2013, 11:37)Tartar Horde Wrote: I reckon that's a good estimate Highlander. I keep two dozen made up and around fifty bare shafts ready to be made as and when I lose or break them.

This may well be a stupid question, but other than storage space, I can't see why you wouldn't have the 50 shafts made up asap. Can you explain please?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 June 2013, 12:01,
as many as you can get, there is no such thing as too manyBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 June 2013, 12:04,
as many you can get I think ,or afford
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 June 2013, 12:07,
(24 June 2013, 12:04)Barneyboy Wrote: as many you can get I think ,or afford

exactly BB.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 June 2013, 12:19,
I've got 50 and would like to have 150.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 June 2013, 12:22,
130 and counting!Tongue
24 June 2013, 13:02,
Ive only got 5.......Sad.....honest!