Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fissler Tin Opener
24 June 2013, 12:55,
Fissler Tin Opener
Okay, this is a weird one, but truly awesome!!!

First off, if you're reading this, you're probably one of the few people that will look at tools outside the typical items and see the amazingnessness (it's a real world © S13-2013 haha) in the mundane.

First off, we're all collecting tins, all of which will be opened, if we need to eat them. Not all tins are ring pull, so we need a way to open them. What if there was a better way to open them that could allow for reuse of the tin at a later date? WHAT?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? Yes, 100% serious. All those tins you have, even the ring pull ones, just became more useful than before.

I'm a kitchen snob and the majority of my kitchen equipment is Kuhn Rekon. I opted to listen to a friend of mine and opt for an amazing new tin opener he's been telling me about. The FISSLER MAGIC tin opener. Rubbish name! The MAGIC!!! Like Magic Johnson, or something like that. Anyway, enough of the name.

Here's a quick video of the product, not my video, but it really does make opening a tin a truly exciting experience for preppers.

Trust me, you'll watch this video and want to buy one.

Amazon is where I got mine from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N2ogZ9F07s

Okay, now that you've watched the video, are you not amazed?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 June 2013, 14:27,
RE: Fissler Tin Opener
Looks good but kind of expensive,Just out of curiosity how would you reseal the tins to be airtight so food you refill it with would be safe
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
24 June 2013, 15:20,
(24 June 2013, 14:27)TheFalcon Wrote: Looks good but kind of expensive,Just out of curiosity how would you reseal the tins to be airtight so food you refill it with would be safe

Cheaper than buying infinite tins haha.

To reseal it up, could use any number of techniques. Personally, I'm more inclined towards silicone and gaffs-tape, but I'm sure there will be other much more knowledgeable people with better suggestions.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 July 2013, 03:45,
I have been using one of those for nearly 10 years. they are nice.

The tins are not really "reusable" but the way the lids come off makes it nice if you want to use half can of soup today and the other half tomorrow, that sort of "reuse".

It is also handy if you salvage tins for use as mess kits and such. It eliminates any sharp edge around the inside of the tin.

I am old school and never throw out a coffee tin and have to force myself to throw away large #10 size cans.
7 July 2013, 10:22,
when i left home at 19 my dad gave me a sak with tin opener ,it got nicked some years later so i got another one cant remember how long ago but iv lived in this house 20yrs and its been with me at least that long .
not broken not blunt still going strong .
Survive the jive (youtube )