Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
invitation to visit my wooden house and learn stuff
25 June 2013, 09:36,
invitation to visit my wooden house and learn stuff
Dear all

Myself and partner live in a wooden cabin in twenty acres young woodland in North Devon.

We are experimenting with sustainable low impact living, combined with conservation and starting a land-based business. We are at the early stages but the basic live work unit is almost finished.

We need helpers but also like to share what we have learnt on the land (no animals).

We are battling with the council to get planning permission for our sustainable, nearly invisible dwelling. We have been battling for years and will continue to battle until we win.

However things could do with moving on a little ahead of council visit within next few months.

If anyone is interested to come and camp and work a few hours' each day for us, we will provide all food and teach you what we know. Also ifany of you want to build a house like ours in the middle of some woods, I have laernt a fair bit about the planning system in these types of cases and can give some advice. I am also very passionate about there being a revolution in planning law to allow more people to self-build small sustainable homes on their land, so if anyone is thinking of doing this I woul happily come and help you build for a few days in the future if you come and help us now when we need.

Cheers!

Matt
25 June 2013, 10:01,
RE: invitation to visit my wooden house and learn stuff
Kewl,good luck with your project Matt, there is something similar going on up here in Weardale i think. I hope you get plenty of volunteers.

25 June 2013, 10:54,
Would that I could, Matt. I wish you every success in your battle with 'the man'... Smile

GG

25 June 2013, 13:01,
Good luck with your project.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 June 2013, 13:44,
Hey Matt , all the best with your homestead mate.....as to the council ..."Don't let the Bastards Grind ya down"...keep on with it ...cheers RW
25 June 2013, 22:19,
Best of luck with the battle with the council, carnt stand them nowt but a modern sheriff of notingham
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
26 June 2013, 18:47,
(25 June 2013, 09:36)Strive Wrote: Dear all

Myself and partner live in a wooden cabin in twenty acres young woodland in North Devon.

My friend and I have a shack in the woods

We are experimenting with sustainable low impact living, combined with conservation and starting a land-based business.

We are both unemployed and have no income or capitol

We are at the early stages but the basic live work unit is almost finished.

We have no idea what we are doing

We need helpers but also like to share what we have learnt on the land (no animals).

We need free labor

We are battling with the council to get planning permission for our sustainable, nearly invisible dwelling. We have been battling for years and will continue to battle until we win.

We built the shack without permission and not up to safety standards and we are stunned that TPTB object

However things could do with moving on a little ahead of council visit within next few months.

If we do not meet codes they are going to bulldoze us under

If anyone is interested to come and camp and work a few hours' each day for us, we will provide all food and teach you what we know.

We will trade vegan meals for free labor

Also ifany of you want to build a house like ours in the middle of some woods, I have laernt a fair bit about the planning system in these types of cases and can give some advice.

We will gladly assist you in building your own shack

I am also very passionate about there being a revolution in planning law to allow more people to self-build small sustainable homes on their land,

Losers of the world unite!

so if anyone is thinking of doing this I woul happily come and help you build for a few days in the future if you come and help us now when we need.

Unless the warrants catch up with us and we are in jail for squatting

Cheers!

Matt
26 June 2013, 18:55,
(26 June 2013, 18:47)Mortblanc Wrote:

We are experimenting with sustainable low impact living, combined with conservation and starting a land-based business.

We need free labor

We built the shack without permission and not up to safety standards and we are stunned that TPTB object

If anyone is interested to come and camp and work a few hours' each day for us, we will provide all food and teach you what we know.

Also ifany of you want to build a house like ours in the middle of some woods, I have laernt a fair bit about the planning system in these types of cases and can give some advice.

I am also very passionate about there being a revolution in planning law to allow more people to self-build small sustainable homes on their land,

so if anyone is thinking of doing this I woul happily come and help you build for a few days in the future if you come and help us now when we need.

Cheers!

Matt

what an earth is your problem Mortblanc? and SOME people say i'm negative!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 June 2013, 20:51,
(26 June 2013, 18:47)Mortblanc Wrote:

We need free labor

Cheers!

Matt

Made me laugh, but seriously the planning system is appalling here - why shouldn't someone who can demonstrate that they can sustain themself from their own land build a house there?
26 June 2013, 20:56,
Mortblanc,.... all you do is come across as very ill-informed, and full of guesses, how can you have any idea of what someone you dont know is doing or planing to do
A major part of survival is invisibility.