Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY AD ?
25 June 2013, 11:03,
DIY AD ?
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about a very smallscale (domestic) Anaerobic digester for producing methane?, I saw an aricle in a mag ( BWH I think) about a smallholding sized one and was just contemplating about if a small one would be practical??

25 June 2013, 13:00,
RE: DIY AD ?
I've seen some small commercial ones on my travels. Not sure about building one though although they are common place now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 June 2013, 14:40,
RE: DIY AD ?
There were plans for them all over the internet just a couple of years ago.

Most were being used by family farm outfits that had a couple of dozen dairy cattle or an enclosed hog farming operation. One does need a steady supply of the raw material beyond what the average family can produce daily.

Even with a good sized unit most of the farms found that all they could maintain was cooking fuel and hot water supply. None of the home built apparatus was capable of totally sustaining a farm, allowing the family to go off grid or supplying fuel for vehicles.