Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping Horses
27 June 2013, 20:37,
RE: Keeping Horses
(27 June 2013, 20:34)MaryN Wrote: Stewart, anyone can learn to ride a horse. You sound like a big chap so you would need a big horse. First time aboard a big'un can be alarming - it's a long way from the ground - but there are plenty of riding schools around. Start slow and see how you go.

As for just grabbing a horse and riding home.... (pause for hilarity)..well, good luck with that. It would probably be helpful to have something to steer it with.

you mean they don,t come with a steering wheel oh buggerTongue
27 June 2013, 20:38,
i'm 6ft tall and 16stone+ Stewart, I think we would need a shire horse or a good solid cob, but i'm not looking at riding, either use one as a pack horse or to pull a small light cart...which is why i'm looking at donkeys as they are more placid and social than horses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 June 2013, 20:50,
Goodness me, BP, where did you get the idea that donkeys are more placid than horses?? A farmer friend of ours was hospitalised by his "dear little donkey". He had it harnessed to a little cart and it got the hump (the donkey), kicked over the traces, knocked him down and broke his collarbone and took off. Lovely placid animal.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 June 2013, 08:51,
(28 June 2013, 20:50)MaryN Wrote: Goodness me, BP, where did you get the idea that donkeys are more placid than horses?? A farmer friend of ours was hospitalised by his "dear little donkey". He had it harnessed to a little cart and it got the hump (the donkey), kicked over the traces, knocked him down and broke his collarbone and took off. Lovely placid animal.

yeah but horses are as bad if not worse, a little bit of plastic in the hedge and they take off! some of the horses around here shouldn't be taken on the road they are that skittish, no, i'll take a donkey any day, or a mule if I can find one.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.