Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgical sewing?
4 July 2013, 14:21,
RE: Surgical sewing?
While you're at it SP, google the manual Jonas referred to. I've got it and it's worth having - free download too!

4 July 2013, 14:30,
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/surgery/Educat...Manual.pdf

Try that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 July 2013, 14:43,
I will get that PDF for sure
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-like&v=4oKM0ODuDe0
It's a bit long but I like the vid
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

21 August 2013, 00:45,
Original suture were made from cat gut, should be plenty available round the back of the local kebab shopBig Grin

You used to be able to get a kit in them big Rambo knives, not sure if you still can though, I'll have alook see if I can see anywhere through work where you can buy stuff, other than suture use glue, I have pit a bit in another thread about steristrips/sutures/glue.

If you google a place called sp supplies they are good and have lots of medical kit, if you say your an outward bounds leader or something they usually ship to you no problems
29 May 2021, 23:31,
(27 June 2013, 13:26)MCavity Wrote: Post SHTF will mean no more popping to hospital to get that minor cut stitched anymore.
If somone was to recieve a non leathal cut or slash, the wound would need to be treated and closed. So I have been looking for a surgical sewing kit as it would (IMO) be invaluable if the emergency ward was not an option.

So i'm looking to get somthing like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Surgical-...B005CQBR6S but can't find anything in the UK.

So are they (surgical sewing kits) legal to buy in the UK? If so where could I get one, or can I import form abroard without hassle from Customs?

If it is minor / non lethal, then place duct tape either side of wound and stitch the tape and not the flesh. Any puncture wound drives surface bacteria deep into the new wound and can cause deep infection - don't do it if you can find an alterative method. There is always an alternative way.
Super glue works too. I've had a few nasty wounds and treat them at home and close with super glue - ARGH! Tissue damage! Hey I'm still here. Don't sweat it.
30 May 2021, 02:55,
Search prior thread on wound managenent. Avoid full closure which prevents daily irrigation and draining.
Packing with betadyne - sugar after daily flushing and irrigation with Dakin's solution is generally best for open wounds.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
30 May 2021, 09:41,
paper stitches work well as I know personally.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.