Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affordable home alarm
9 August 2013, 09:26,
RE: Affordable home alarm
(8 August 2013, 22:17)River Song Wrote:
(28 June 2013, 07:20)Lightspeed Wrote: The system we chose is used to secure and monitor our remote retreat. It is 12v powered and is controllable over a landline telephone connection and or GSM mobile phone, so remains operational in grid down conditions.

Telephone / Mobile control allows us the following remote operations from anywhere in the world:
  • Receive alert that alarm has gone off, including the trigger zone
  • Remote Arm / Disarm
  • Remote audio monitoring ( we can listen to hear if there is activity or fire in the property)
  • Full talk through, allowing us to talk into the property via a loudspeaker ( warnings etc)

The system is 12v powered so runs off-grid from our 12v PV system. It supports 99 separate alarm zones, both wireless and hard wired.

Nice one LS. Can you either possibly point me towards one on the web or suggest a kit list for me or OH to put it together?

Merci Buckets

HI RS

As per previous post this is the one that got my attention: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170691123835?s...1439.l2649

its stupidly inexpensive. I've ordered one to have a play with. I don't expect miracles. If it has hard wired zones as well as wireless it'll be a keeper.

The beauty of this sort of equipment is that it can be fairly easily powered from the solar system's backup batteries, so is independent of the grid,
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 August 2013, 12:12,
@LS thanks for that. I've ordered one. They are stupidly inexpensive and worth £20 to play around with. I note it has a 12V input with a 240c transformer.
How would you wire this into a (semi)permanent 12V source.

I'm looking to 12V DC my home !!

Allons-y
9 August 2013, 16:17,
(9 August 2013, 12:12)River Song Wrote: @LS thanks for that. I've ordered one. They are stupidly inexpensive and worth £20 to play around with. I note it has a 12V input with a 240c transformer.
How would you wire this into a (semi)permanent 12V source.

I'm looking to 12V DC my home !!

Allons-y

I thought it was 9v but if its 12v its even easier. Just connect theterminals of your 12v backup battery to where the 240v Power supply's output plugs into the control box. There will be a symbol on the Power supply showing the + and - configuration of the connector jack.

Before charging ahead with conveting your home watch out for the write up that new member Nix has promised to submit. Its important to get this right as ther is both risk to equipment and more importantly risk of fire if you get it wrong.

I'm going to be away from main address for a good while, so I guess you'll get yoyr hands on your one first. Please post a note on here to let us know if it works OK?

Cheers
Good luck.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 August 2013, 19:13,
Just had a look at the fleabay item, it's incredibly cheap! Personally, I wouldn't touch it but, then again, if it does half of what you want it to then it's a bargain! Chinese stuff very hit and miss but I have known some to give good service. Good luck!

Re that write up, phew, just posted...Tongue
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!