Pilots in WW2 had silk maps
Failure is NOT an option
28 June 2013, 11:28,
RE: This should be useful for BOBS, WEARABLE MAPS
(28 June 2013, 11:08)uks Wrote: Pilots in WW2 had silk maps
Thats wot I rited Smile

28 June 2013, 12:12,
(28 June 2013, 06:53)Scythe13 Wrote: I think it looks stupid. Like those London Underground tshirts.

It's clever, and I see how it'd be useful, but being lost is more fun than looking like a bellend haha.

Very well thought out and informed reply.

I'm sure we would all rather die of hypothermia rather than look daft.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 June 2013, 12:29, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2013, 12:43 by NorthernRaider.)
(28 June 2013, 12:12)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(28 June 2013, 06:53)Scythe13 Wrote: I think it looks stupid. Like those London Underground tshirts.

It's clever, and I see how it'd be useful, but being lost is more fun than looking like a bellend haha.

Very well thought out and informed reply.

I'm sure we would all rather die of hypothermia rather than look daft.

Tut tut tut Angel

I bought some OS Landranger maps off Amazon that were laminated with a clear film to make them waterproof, I think I still have one or two left, I found them to be very stiff and unweildy, they were too stiff and unforgiving to keep in the map ocket of my cargo pants and they soon got relegated to being pinned up on the office wall, So I would welcome some soft scrunchy waterproof maps that dont need to be in a map case, they also probably are not as noisy either when being used so that would be a plus for Opsec. Vastly safer and more reliable than GPS as well.