Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenarios (1) The Bug out bag
4 December 2011, 11:08,
RE: Scenarios (1) The Bug out bag
I have noticed its the straights/sheeple who age the fastest, i may be older but i feel and act about 20 years younger than my actual ageTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2011, 12:08,
Good point.Not noticed that before but you are right. That is true with everyone around me. I feel younger than my tender age and my next door neighbour is ten years younger but seemsmuch older.

It must be something to do with having a something to strive for. A hobby as such. They are always busy and thinkng. Always looking for the next thing to do. I can see an article here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 December 2011, 14:12,
Yeh i had noticed that 'age' thing recently as well. There's a guy at work who I assumed must have been about 10/15 years older than me, turns out we're the same age. wtf??
Last week a sales assistant thought I was about 35, I was born in '68. 43 yrs ago.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

8 February 2012, 19:06,
(3 December 2011, 00:30)Tortoise Wrote: In all these senarios, its always a young fit bloke. Its the same on other sites. Nobody ever dose senarios for slow peeple liek me.

I'm 54, I have MS, but WSHTF we're all going to be faced with the same world...

Knowing what to do, so you can supervise someone who doesnt, is better than not knowing and letting all that energy go t waste.
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
8 February 2012, 19:11,
(8 February 2012, 19:06)Preacher Wrote:
(3 December 2011, 00:30)Tortoise Wrote: In all these senarios, its always a young fit bloke. Its the same on other sites. Nobody ever dose senarios for slow peeple liek me.

Knowing what to do, so you can supervise someone who doesnt, is better than not knowing and letting all that energy go t waste.

How do you think your MS will affect you WTSHTF Preacher??
Are you on medication for it or not?
I have to be honest and say that I know very little about the condition.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

8 February 2012, 19:57,
im 40 and NR you sound write abook my friend
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
9 February 2012, 20:48,
(8 February 2012, 19:11)Reality Jones Wrote:
(8 February 2012, 19:06)Preacher Wrote:

How do you think your MS will affect you WTSHTF Preacher??
Are you on medication for it or not?
I have to be honest and say that I know very little about the condition.

I'm lucky to suffer from a non-progressive form (progressive is far more likely for women) it means pain in the major muscle groups, joints, tendons etc, leading to periods of weakness, cramps, shortness of breath and general tiredness for much of the time, so I have spent a considerable amount of mental energy researching alternative uses for everyday items in order to lessen my reliance on physical endurance and in aquiring the necessary skills to create pretty much anything necessary in a total SHTF situation.

Medication is restricted to analgesia and anti spasmodics mainly, but I have found natural alternatives that go a good way toward replacing pharmaceutical remedies.
9 February 2012, 21:20,
My brothers girlfriend has the same as you. It causes the wankers at the DWP to question her illness because she can do some things. The Doctors say 'No' but the 'experts' at the DWP seem to now a lot more about it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 February 2012, 23:03,
Just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean your fit to do it "people have walked to phone boxes after amputating their arms in farm machinery, but it wouldn't be fair to expect them to go to work the next day"